Surreal atwork

Dalek657

Hey guys. I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm doing a college project for my photography course and we have to take surreal images. Part of the brief says we need to take approach from media such as books, films and music. I was just wondering if people could tell me some cool artworks or graphics that have been used for releases for DNB that I can replicate in photos. I am also open to surreal concepts from movies and books but mainly from DNB releases

I've got loads of cool artwork on vinyl but my top 3 are :

Noisia - Purpose EP

hqdefault.jpg

Tyke Drug Pusher

5b751ba5eda85aed7af8993f0dc448ff.jpg

fre4knc - chain of command

179563b.jpg

Cheers. That Puppeteer artwork I could definitely do and the drug pusher is seriously cool although I can't do it for this project. Because of the pills in the bowl the college could be seen to be glorifying drug usage. All of these artworks are seriously sick but things like the Noisia and Technimatic artwork are way too complicated. Does anyone know anything similar to the Virus artwork? The concepts are are always really surreal and they'd really work for this assignment. So any ideas?

Cheers guys. I only have one idea so far and that is to recreate the artwork from Mefjus & InsideInfo - Footpath (Feat. The Upbeats). I think the artwork is pretty sick and I could recreate it. I will buy a hazmat suit. (Breaking bad hazmat dress up costume because real ones are too much) And I was thinking of having the guy walking the path could be a scientist. He is part of an expedition ands his ship crashes on an alien world. He then ventures out to find signs of life. I will use a smoke machine to give a more tense feeling. The pathway the Scientist will be walking along is quite rock which could make it seem more like an alien world but I feel it needs more. What else could I add to give it more of a tense feeling?

It's not really me. It's cool but I'm not a fan personally and unfortunately I couldn't recreate something like this

Back
Top Bottom