Suprisingly, I am still NOT bored with Distorted Minds!

THE*********PER said:
you guys wanna check out the new release after ouch on d-style

that is bad

sdm ask tobie to let ya have a little listen
Really! I'm gonna have to check that shit out, big up Mr Stepper!

sdm said:
Their remix of 'Get Through This' by the Technique boys is dutty.

C l o w n s t e p rules the world! Bwhahahahaha :sing:

Listen: http://www.chemical-records.co.uk/sc/servlet/sr?C=TECH022R&S=A

Well, you get yer dark n moody tunes, you've got to have something to bring you back up innit! I've gotta say I fkin well rate this tune, and most of their other work.. I don't give a fuck what anyone says, T-10 still runz it :smash:

inf0r said:
Well, you get yer dark n moody tunes, you've got to have something to bring you back up innit! I've gotta say I fkin well rate this tune, and most of their other work.. I don't give a fuck what anyone says, T-10 still runz it :smash:
Yeah! T-10 was so sick when I first heard it.

I think what some of the "headz" need to appreciate is, although the real complex breaks based tunes have more "artistic merit" and hold more to the scene, it'd be pretty fkin hard to get a non-dnb fan to appreciate it without bringing them in gently..

This year I started taking a couple of mates out to raves that were rnb headz, and pretty much only accepted sounds they'd heard cained on radio 1 for 6 months..

I started taking them to the smaller events with a more "friendly" atmosphere, so they could appreciate the tunes, and the buzz without having to watch their back, or get darked up. Then started building it up, took one of 'em to the last Broken Minds and he's a full blown junglist now! Got rid of all his shitty tunes, caining the dnb tunes i get for him, and he's now on about getting decks...

He's seen the light now, but I really doubt he would have accepted Inperspective style work without having a smooth "drop" into it..

As much as people say having a commercial end of the dnb spectrum damages the scene, it's what is also building the scene for the next generation of headz.

I started out passing my mate valve, back 2 basics, true playaz kinda stuff, now he's telling me about tunes & artists!

It's a wkd buzz when yer at an event, and you see a mate going wild to a tune, when you know you've brought him into it..

Everybody should be trying to brainwash all their mates if they ain't already man!

i like t-10 as well "drum n bass for truckers" as we call it! i mean i can see why people dont like this type of dnb, but it does have a devastatin dancefloor effect.

inf0r said:
As much as people say having a commercial end of the dnb spectrum damages the scene, it's what is also building the scene for the next generation of headz.

It works that way for any type of music, actually. If I had not discovered the Chemical Brothers back in 1997, I wouldn't have discovered Amon Tobin or drum 'n bass.

Chuck :who_wants

THE*********PER said:
you guys wanna check out the new release after ouch on d-style

that is bad

sdm ask tobie to let ya have a little listen
Heard some of it now, oh my god! :slayer: :slayer:

well feelin that get through rmx i didnt really bother with much of their stuff untill now, i heard a few things pre t-10 that didn't really blow me away, then t- dropped and all the other djs i do partys with over here canned it so i kind of didnt bother(i still dont own it) but we done a party sat before last and one of the other lads dropped the get through rmx and my ears just pricked up, sick tune man

Two of their BRAND NEW plates going online as I type this.

EXCLUSIVE DNBforum business here!

They are fucking sick as well! :slayer:

Also, Dillinja's T-10 remix is pure smut, sick ass remix Mr Dillinja :thumbsup:

sdm said:
Two of their BRAND NEW plates going online as I type this.

EXCLUSIVE DNBforum business here!

They are fucking sick as well! :slayer:

Also, Dillinja's T-10 remix is pure smut, sick ass remix Mr Dillinja :thumbsup:

i aint really into that revoloution tune only beacause i think "ouch"sounds a bit better and i dont really see the point in 2 foxy tunes but the mc loving kids will love it

another fight though is fucking great i like the edits in that one and the little swingy bit adds a wicked roll

i think the another fight should be the aside

oh i forgot yes the dilly t10 remix is baaadddd

shame its on fucking breakbeat shit toss the worst label for holding back on releases

so we should get that one in about aug next year

Back
Top Bottom