Supporting Grooverider

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
Everybody that wants to support the Rider, a man without whom you might not be listening to dnb (regardless of whether or not you appreciate him as a person), I've got some suggestions in a list of importance and effort on your part.

1) Sign as many internet petitions as you like. Won't help but its no effort on your part.

2) Write a real letter to Dubai's ruler or ambassador in your country. A real letter differs from an internet petition because it shows more than 15 seconds effort or concern.

3) BUY A GROOVERIDER RECORD/CD, not on Ebay, but from a retailer. Get money to the Rider.

4) Book Fabio and ask him to give some of the fee (5%, 10%, 25%) to Groove's family.

Seriously - if you give a damn about dnb and the Rider then do something real, not go click click lick on an internet website.

I bought a CD.

fair enough i feel 4 the man, hes one of dnb pioneers for fucksakes. However the only ppl who can help him is the Government, when a hispanic dj that was an american citizen was taken into custordy in Dubai on drugs charges, all it took was for the us to put pressure on the relevent authorties and he recieved a royal pardon. However our government has stood by and left grooverider to his fate.

pity

Last edited:
Dallas Austin had powerful friends.

60 Brits got jailed in Dubai last year for drugs. Blaming the UK government for not helping him is besides the point, 60 other geezers are also in prison and plenty more will end up in prison this year - they will also not be helped - the British government does not spend much time helping people who are in trouble for being silly. Brits get in trouble all around the world all the time and expecting Gordon Brown to phone Dubai to get Grooverider freed is being silly PLUS why does the government have to intervene to help him instead of the dozens of other people with families, jobs and ruined lives. He didn't get a death sentence and will probably be out next round of pardons.

That said, Groove is in deep trouble, the best thing you can do is to get money to his family.

Back
Top Bottom