Super cool new one from IV4

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
Hey Guys!!!
Just made a new one using all sorts of new samples and techniques. The bass is home grown except in the b line that is a sample bass. I am really excited about this new song because I feel a whole new part of producing has open up to me. The vocal is this I love poem from this girl.http://soundcloud.com/karmatic-dreams However, it's really creepy and I thought it would be fun to clean up a shitty vocal and mix it well into an already creepy sounding song(at least to me). Mad props to Karmatic Dreams for letting me use her vocal.

Fucking badass track man really dark and cool !
Only word of criticism I have on it is that I feel that something is missing not sure what, perhaps the bass is not filled its just that the track feels a bit "hollow" during the drops it feels like there is a whole frequency range not filled up with sound to make it a full track I don't know exactly what that is mate but besides that I find the track fucking slammin ;)

Cheers bud great job !

Fucking badass track man really dark and cool !
Only word of criticism I have on it is that I feel that something is missing not sure what, perhaps the bass is not filled its just that the track feels a bit "hollow" during the drops it feels like there is a whole frequency range not filled up with sound to make it a full track I don't know exactly what that is mate but besides that I find the track fucking slammin ;)

Cheers bud great job !

Probably the hats. I did another hat minimalist track :)

Nah its not the hats I think its the mid/low frequencies that need more power or something like that, but maybe its just not what this track is meant to be and just my personal wish for it :P

Not the biggest fan of the synth sounds through the starting section, but thats just a personal flavour, they work good in the context of the track. Comes alive for me around 1.09, that section rolls hard! Nice use of the vocals, definitely creepy !

Nice work

i like it but i wish i could sit there and help you produce. theres just somethings i feel like if i could sit there and point out while we get high i could make this tune bigger.

one of the coolest things about this is it sounds like its big. like you obviously understand music. you feel me?

Creepy indeed, think the vocal sits well :) (think i'd like it a tiny bit louder though?). It is kinda minimalist I think but suits the track well.

Glad that you are feeling inspired with some new techniques :)

sounding good mate. id have to disagree with the guys saying the mid range lacks if honest. on my system it feels like its lacking a little bit of sub. other than that (which is minor) its sounding really really good. nice one!

Yeah this is really great, bass movement is awesome man! I somehow feel like the volumes are a bit uneven trough out the track. For example the lead somehow gets louder sometimes. Probably some compressor-spook in there somewhere? Or is it my sinus infection lol?

Anyhow, I really liked it! :D

Best tune I've heard from you so far.

Is the bass from that Neuro sample cd?

Yep, the B line bass is. Just a little chop up. The main bass is still thor. Well it is actually two different thor synths mixed together with a cross fader Reason gave away.

Tracks got a wicked sinister vibe to it especially from the vocals and that spooky synth. I feel the the h ihats and cymbals could be a bit brighter to living the track up more.

Yeah this is really great, bass movement is awesome man! I somehow feel like the volumes are a bit uneven trough out the track. For example the lead somehow gets louder sometimes. Probably some compressor-spook in there somewhere? Or is it my sinus infection lol?

Anyhow, I really liked it!
It's probably the lead I struggle for hours trying to get it right and eventually got pissed and gave up. Hope you feel better.

Tracks got a wicked sinister vibe to it especially from the vocals and that spooky synth. I feel the the h ihats and cymbals could be a bit brighter to living the track up more.
Your most likely right about the hats. They are purposefully engineered that way. I am not sure why on some songs I am not crazy about putting on to many hats. Its a taste issue I guess. I do know more people disagree with me that agree. People like lots of good hats. I might be that good at making them either and thats why I don't go crazy with them. Thanks for the listen.

Yeah I agree with you IV4. I don't like to overkill with the hats either. Sometimes I don't even use them. Just use other sounds that fill a similar frequency range instead.
I had a brief listen. It sounds pretty tight.
I think the snare needs an extra layer. It currently feels over compressed. What I like to do is make a really punchy snare by layering 3 or 4 snares and processing them. Send them into a bus. Apply EQ, Compression, Saturation or whatever. Sometimes the processing will result in a nice punchy snare but it will sound flat so I'll layer with a nice acoustic sounding snare or a pitched up version of the original and send it to the drum master instead.

Maybe add a reverb then a gate to the pitched up snare. Then apply a touch of sample delay whilst checking the phase correlation.

The bass stabs sound really nice. I think that a touch of overdrive would work nicely as it sounds a little thin.

Nice work overall though mate. I'll deffo be checking some of your future material!

Thanks everybody for the great feedback and advice. This is why I love this place.

Back
Top Bottom