Sunset - Chillin liquid vibes

First off apologies for the secret link - this mixdown sounds alright to my heavily strained ears which from experience is nothing to go by! So I'm not quite ready to up this one but definitely want to see about getting some second opinions here.

www.soundcloud.com/phonikdnb/sunset/s-psgkG

Peace!
Hi mate, got a bit excited, thought we'd got something a bit special here, but when you did what i think is a key change, totally killed it a bit for me, personally i would drop the key changes and just try to subtly add couple of things to the Rhodes riff (loving that, thats a winner mate and the drums are damn good) imo...make it into a lovely liquid roller.

@Centrepoint Cheers for listening dude - and thanks for the criticism. Been listening to a bunch of nu - jazz recently and have definitely been influenced by that when making this tune - thought the key change maybe added something different but could be a bit of a bold move for this genre.. I'll have a mess about with it!

@Centrepoint Cheers for listening dude - and thanks for the criticism. Been listening to a bunch of nu - jazz recently and have definitely been influenced by that when making this tune - thought the key change maybe added something different but could be a bit of a bold move for this genre.. I'll have a mess about with it!
No worries, i was proper loving your first 1m20...great rhodes, i'd look at finding something to mix and blen with that.....trumpet, pad, vocal...whatever you want, but i'd concentrate it around the rhodes imo. The liquid side of DNB is really my preferred style and It's got the makings of a very cool tune mate, imo.

hi misti, interesting track, love the vibe. :2thumbs:
i agree with the key change, I know what you aiming for but doesn't really match the track.
i'm getting hungry every time I hear that bell .. reminds me of the restaurants' kitchen bell ... "food's ready!)))" :D
the vocals are superb and work very well for the track. drums spot on but not sure about the shakers. just my 2 cents ..

Yeah I have to agree, really like the drums in this song but the key changes in the first part are distracting.
However, the way you did it during that break down was effective.
Either way, really chill song with solid drum work! :)

Back
Top Bottom