Drum & Bass Sunday Morning (liquid / chill dnb)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Fatkidscantjump, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

hey guys, a little something i've been working on this past weekend. Not really finished so I would love to have some feedback on what I could improve / add etc.

have a nice week everyone :)

2. Mr_DnB

Mr_DnB Member

Hey ,

i listened this on sunday yesterday and it was pretty nice :D
    Now I´ve had a closer look. First some criticism: The volume changes of the bassline are a little bit annoying for me.

Some Suggestions: How about a piano sound with a bit more high frequencys? I mean the piano which plays the chords.
    Maybe it would sound cool if you put 2 further chords in at 1:00 (like @3:01). I hope you can imagine what I´m trying to say but my english is pretty awesome at the moment :D

3. alcaponeuk

alcaponeuk Member

drums are mint, its weird listening to such minimal tune where theres no thump in the kick or snare, but i guess sacrificing the lows for the flashy synths and cool sounds are what the crack is with liquid n minimal, sounds ultra ultra ultra clean! not really a criticizm i can make (theres an eerie bubbly really fast synth playing arpeggios in the background, id bring that forward abit, cause thats crazy sick)

4. Fatkidscantjump

Fatkidscantjump Member

hey guys, thanks for the feedback
    here is a new version : i tried to bring up a little bit the kick and the bubbly synth, along with a second part with a long attack guitar sound, would love to have some feedback on the mix and on the overall track

5. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Some real nice melodies in here, definately a sunday afternoon relaxed vibe about this. Reckon the kick and snare could do with a touch more body to them. But apart from hat this is nice.

6. winepunk

winepunk New Member

really nice chilled vibe. I've only got the headphones on so cant really judge the mix atm.

7. DjSammy-T

DjSammy-T Member

This track is great. I love the melodies and the synth work. Your fixes on the drums made the world of difference. The snare sits perfectly but the kick could come out a tad more (on my monitors anyway), just so you can feel it. It isn't a harsh kick so I think you will get away with cranking it a little. Also your percussive elements seem to be a little harshly low cut, give them a slight roll of rather than a straight cut, it will help them sound a little better a get rid of the harsh frequencies that cut through.

Hope this helps some :)