Sunchase - Moulded (Mojo's Final Truth Remix) - Style - You tell me :)

djmojo

*** 2nd mixdown ***

Hi,

I'm rather new to the forums. This is my entry into the Sunchase Moulded remix competition. I spent way too much time mixing it down and mastering trying to get the right balance... and probably oversaturated my ears. So I would really welcome and appreciate any feedback. I will probably give my ears a couple of days rest and then maybe mix it down again and remaster.

As for style, not sure what to call it, so you tell me. I've been listening to drum & bass for years, but I've never been good at labeling subgenres... I like a wide variety and to me a good tune is a good tune.

Anyways, thanks for listening and any feedback. :beers:

***URL REMOVED*** See below for updated version.

Last edited:
strange arrangement man. that "second drop" hasnt got half the impact the first one has..

drums, esp kick could do with more punch aswell. not a bad effort tho

Hi groelle, thanks for listening. I agree with you on the kick not being punchy enough. Somewhere in my mastering effects I'm losing some punch, cuz my pre-mixdown versions were very punchy.

As for arrangement, if it isn't "standard" - I'm OK with that. Can you give me a minute number on the "second drop"? Not sure where you mean...

Thanks again for your feedback.

Ok, don't know the original, so......sounds good. At the second drop the highs sound a bit ....high. Liking the mexican business at the end, Could this not have been incorporated earlier? Just a thought.

Like this.

Thanks so much for listening and for the feedback. I originally wanted to do the classical business earlier, like maybe as a prelude to a second drop... but I wasn;t sure if it would fit... but I worked hard (like 2 days) on getting the guitar to sound authentic so I didn't want to waste it; and figured it would be safe at the end.

As for the highs... yeah... still battling proper EQing and all that. I've been DJing for years, but still fairly new to the production side of things and still learning. That is why I really appreciate the comments.

---------- Post added at 17:48 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

Here's a link to the original, for context:

http://soundcloud.com/sunchase/sunchase-moulded-drone-audio

sounds pretty cool mate some nice sounds in there.
but it aint reall the kind of tunes id normally listen to if u no wat i mean.
still production is sounding good
keep it up

Not my type of music, but yet i still listend whole song and it was pretty interesting.
But in my opinion it still needs a bit more punchy mastering to crank up the crispy parts from those electronic syths.
I enjoyd.
Safe.

sounds pretty cool mate some nice sounds in there.
but it aint reall the kind of tunes id normally listen to if u no wat i mean.
still production is sounding good
keep it up

Cheers man. Thanks for listening and for the feedback. Yeah, I definitely need to work on making things punchier. No question. And I might have a tendency to put too much stuff in. Lol. Just gotta keep plugging away. Your stuff is very good, so thanks again for the feedback. Respect.

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 ----------

Not my type of music, but yet i still listend whole song and it was pretty interesting.
But in my opinion it still needs a bit more punchy mastering to crank up the crispy parts from those electronic syths.
I enjoyd.
Safe.

Appreciate the feedback man. I agree with the bit about punchiness for sure.

Back
Top Bottom