Sunburnt

Spent about 8 hours down the beach yesterday, and would have been fine until my mate poured baby oil all over my legs and stomach, im in so much pain, been loading on the aftersun but it doesn't seem to be helping that much :(

Anyone got any like special remedies or things they do to help?
Pretty please :cry:

RocksteadyUK

SkimoBeats
VIP Junglist
Spent about 8 hours down the beach yesterday, and would have been fine until my mate poured baby oil all over my legs and stomach, im in so much pain, been loading on the aftersun but it doesn't seem to be helping that much :(

Anyone got any like special remedies or things they do to help?
Pretty please :cry:
a damn cold bath...... best to try getting into a warm bath then leaving the cold water on.... so it slowly gets cold...... then get yourself some Banana Boat Aloe Vera Aftersun <---- its the best one by far......

Riisu

Not the Preacher Man
VIP Junglist
i got a bit pink on my head yesterday. i was only out in it for about an hour, tops, having a bit of drink. crazy business.

grrrrrr

eat lots of protein, the sun cooks the protein in your skin. and use some non greasy oil that makes it feel better. Most aloe vera lotions are non greasy but some are though.

Dustek

Finished the PhD
VIP Junglist
a damn cold bath...... best to try getting into a warm bath then leaving the cold water on.... so it slowly gets cold...... then get yourself some Banana Boat Aloe Vera Aftersun <---- its the best one by far......
That Banana Boat stuff is excellent. Really works.

I've been through some horrible sunburns, what works for me is a numbing agent in a spray, then cocoa/shea butter because it will eventually dry out and peel off and the butter makes the rest of the skin strong enough for this to happen with a lot less itching, and then aloe vera.

boobjunkie

VIP Junglist
suprisingly warm/hot water does the trick pretty well, it stings like FUCK at first but after the pain subsides its a lot less tender, then slap on the aloe vera and moisturizer

mansell

husk basically*
VIP Junglist
Aloe Vera straight from the plant is the best...
I've got a few plants here, and they are amazing..
SOOOOOO cooling the min its on your skin...

BoudiCat

SERIAY.
VIP Junglist
Aloe Vera straight from the plant is the best...
I've got a few plants here, and they are amazing..
SOOOOOO cooling the min its on your skin...
Yes...... BUT.... it stains everything to keep it away from clothes, sheets.

I've got a bit of peelage on my back :(