Sun & Bass 2K15 DJ Contest Entry - Der Ausländer

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by Der Ausländer, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Der Ausländer

Der Ausländer Well-Known Member

2. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

Will check this out for sure. You going to sun & bass then are you?

3. Vanden

Vanden -nieuwenhuysen

Great mix man! Lots of tracks I didn't know, sprinkled with a bunch that I did - which is always good. Good luck with the competition - need to record myself a mix for this comp otherwise I'll kick myself when I'm in Sardinia

Der Ausländer likes this.
  4. Der Ausländer

Thx @Vanden , yeah I try to push not very well known tunes as much as possible, hence the time spent digging, there is of course no lack of well publicised music and classics that always find their way in a set.
    Selection helps especially when technical skills are bettered by loads of DJs. For a contest, I would hate to hear everywhere the same shit as a member of a jury, even if it is quite inevitable lol.

Drop a mix for the contest man, and if all goes well we might share a beer on this rock :)

5. Der Ausländer

6. beknoxx

beknoxx 7/11 7/11

Listened in full Der! Good luck with the comp mang. I know i say this all the time but your outside the box approach to mixes always makes for a good listen as well as the track selection. Keep at it mang.....till the next one.

Der Ausländer likes this.
  7. Der Ausländer

Thx Bek, loads of entries on this contest, but always worth a try. Diversifying a bit my output can't hurt and it was fun to do.
    Will get back at you on your last ones, saw the second one of your series already dropped. Will have high speed Inet this w-e, got a couple of mixes I will DLL for the road, yours are on the list!
    Large Up as usual (y)

8. Der Ausländer

9. Der Ausländer

10. HAB

HAB "Genius!"

Great mix, man. Definitely helped me with my yardwork the other day. Really good vibes, good flow of the mix and it was totally technically sound on the mixing front. The only thing I wondered was that tune that sampled Honey. I admit, I can't be sure whether it was you or the person doing the tune, but the mids and vocals on that bit always seemed a bit lower than normal. Not sure if that was your doing or the producers. I've heard so many tunes that sample Honey that I can't quite tell which one you used. The bit where Be True got teased in was masterful, as well. Gave me a little shiver when I heard it peeking through, and you carried it out to the end really well. Great mix, man, keep it up!

11. Der Ausländer

Thank you very much @HAB
    It's the LSB bootleg from Honey, would have to listen again, I might have fucked up my lvls a bit, and the other track is quite dominant its true. Glad you liked the Be True bit, I felt a bit uplifted myself on this closing blend.

Congrats on your win this month, that TL is right up my street will try to leave some comments on it :teeth:

12. Der Ausländer

Over 4K hits on this looser of a mix, thank you beaucoup!