Sun & Bass 2011

Hey,

Ive been debating going to this for a while now. I like smooth liquid dnb but i wud like to know wot the raves are like.

Anyone been? what is it like? Im travelling italy this summer with my girlfriend n i wud love to go to this to end the holiday.

Safe.

Yes.
Tempted to try and do Outlook too, and go from Croatia to Sardinia. Pricey, and I'm not doing it on my own, but a possibility. Only if I don't have to fucking camp tho!!

also i was wondering how much it cost last year incl. accommodation if anyone had been cos it didnt say on their site.

x

It all depends what sorta thing you go for, re price. I mean if you stay in a villa with a lot of people then it'll be cheaper. It is all a bit more expensive that it was last year but that's the VAT increase etc.

Looks amazing! Me and my mates have been looking to do something different for a holiday this year and this could be it! Gonna have to start saving now, looks like it's gonna be a minimum of £400-£500.

Right guys, I'm seriously considering it this year.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a ballpark figure as to how much everything will cost.

People have told me £1000+

Thought id put some info down for this as I went last year. and people all seem to be asking about it....

It was one of the best holidays/festivals ive been to....Absolutely worth the money!

I booked my flights quite late so I ended up going to Rome and then getting the ferry which was pretty easy and straight forward.

Flight to Rome - £150
Ferry - £60

Bus from ferry port to San Teodoro - £7 or sumin like that.

Stayed in a Villa that we sorted out privately, just googled lots of places and emailed some people etc....It was £180 per person...shared with 5 or us.

The booze is ridiclously expensive, and being in a group of guys and on my annual holiday (think brits abroad)...we drank out constantly...it was EXPENSIVE....

you buy tickets from a till, then trade the tickets at the bar, but the guy on the outside bar was a hero and would give you the most amazingly strong cocktails....this saved a bit of cash, but it made for a short night on a couple of occassions.

I seem to recall a half litre of beer was 5 Euros, and cocktails /spirits were all really strong, but were like 8 - 10 euros....

Food is pretty good value, lots of pizzeria's and great little italian restaurants. AMAZING FOOD!

We cooked a bit, had a kitchen in the villa, super market was similar price to London prices, but the ingredients were fucking amazing. lots of fresh grilled sardines, mussels, clams, prawns, steak, bruchetta.

Other pleasantries for the holiday, which add lets say to the general atmosphere of ones clubbing and raving state of mind, were available, and normal prices....

Herbs, available...normal price....

I reckon all in all, I spent about £1000 maybe a little more....but I went for it, and didnt hold back!

The festival is more like lots of club nights all in a row, the clubs are epic, and seriously cool....amazing DnB if your into the more liquidy minimally sound...The atmosphere was quality too, very few brits which made for better time, no stigma of pikies getting drunk and being tits, just happpy frinedly people from all over europe, some canadians, and yanks, and ozzies, but everyone was wicked....DJ's are milling about all week, and chilled, basically a far cry from the innovation style experience of Brits invading....mean no offence to people that go and im sure have had a great time, but its a different vibe....

The beach is epic, looks like the carribean....

i will put some pics up in a minute, after I remember the way to do it....

anyway, I hope this has helped!

If I had the money I would go again....Calibre outside, open air club smashing it from 2 - 4 was epic, and goes down in my raving memory....also for anyone else who was there, Doc Scotts final set on the last night, with D Bridge's True romance and then the SPY Zero 7 tune to wind it all down....VIBES..

On the walk home my mate (A 25 year old male) cried because he didnt want to leave.....he was mashed, and dont worry, we rinsed him and still do, but it summed it up!

SAFE!

dsc04727i.jpg

dsc04724h.jpg

dsc04639q.jpg

Other pleasantries for the holiday, which add lets say to the general atmosphere of ones clubbing and raving state of mind, were available, and normal prices....

Herbs, available...normal price....

Pretty much what i needed to know

Thanks mate

Pretty much what i needed to know

Thanks mate

On the beach there is a guy selling these lovely giant fabric towel/sheet things for cotching on...he is Moroccan....I found that his sheets really added the whole relaxed vibe of the holiday!...

Back
Top Bottom