Summertime!

It's really smooth, especially in the start; you wove the sample(s) in well. One thing, though, that I wonder about: is the sample material in the same key as what you've written? The lead bass coming in over the sample seems really harsh compared to how you started. By the time the song gets going, though, the track is certainly eerie. Very chill as it continues. I like the vocal you eventually come in with; maybe you could put it in once earlier as well? At about 5:45 I'm starting to feel like the song could/should be over really soon. The wubs at 6:00 are interesting, but I kinda feel like you're introducing them (where they in before?) just to have them. I can see how you want the song to wind down; maybe you could cut out a bit of repetition in the middle to move us along a bit quicker.

Overall, though, it's a great track with a solid mix.

Hey man! I liked the more ambient intro! Besides what kdk said, I'd complete by saying that maybe the drums could stand out more. IMO, there are parts of the song where they seem to disappear behind the rest of the track.

The overall feeling of the track is quite good, man! Keep it up!

Thanks guys, yeah it needs more work, to be honest Im a bit scared that I might mess it up if I do any more but Ill give it a shot and update the mix today.

Great feedback guys, Ill follow it to the T.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, Final tweaks are done and the track has been updated, I think I got everything you both mentioned fixed now. ;)

Thanks for the help!!

Last edited:
Thanks DJCartel!

Yeah I thought so. Well. . . . Im thinking how many peeps will be listening to it on mac and phone speakers at least theres a chance they will hear the bline, but at the end of the day these are only demos and are un mastered so I think Im going to leave it as is. (Thats my excuse anyway lol)

Cool.

The trick to getting people on thin speakers to be able to hear it is having a wider bass an octave above, with some stereo spread, this helps to bring it through on those cheaper speakers. You've definitely overdone the sub, my studio is throbbing :)

Not entirely sure I'd call it 'summer vibes' - I think it might be summertime in a zombie apocalypse perhaps ? :)

Vocal needs to be upped a bit more in the mix and have a bit more done to it (wider/doubling etc). Of all your tracks I like this the best though I think, so don't change too much !

Thanks lasiien, cool critique I really appreciate it, sorry about over doing it on the sub lol Im mixing without one.

You know, I darent go in on this mix again, I'm too scared Ill mess it up. If i did I would probably add some shuffles in there and some wobble bass but I know I would mess it up.

Thanks for your advice (Everyone) I think If a do another mix, Ill start the whole new track from scratch and call it a remix and leave this one as is, I know you guys want the bass down.

- - - Updated - - -

OK, so finally I plucked up the courage to mix it again, I took the subs down and added stereo width to the vocals :D Theres no way I'm touching the structure of this mix, though I have to say the result of lowering the subs has brought a lot more clarity to the rest of the mix, which is great.

Thanks Everyone!!

Back
Top Bottom