Summer Sound System 2007

crasherevents

1173031022sss-epeddlers.jpg

Last edited:
PETE DOHERTY TO DITCH GUITAR FOR DECKS AT DANCE FESTIVAL

BABYSHAMBLES, ORDINARY BOYS, FRANZ FERDINAND FUTUREHEADS, BELLE AND SEBASTIAN & SHIT DISCO TO DJ AT SUMMER SOUNDSYSTEM 2007

Indie hell-raiser PETE DOHERTY is set to ditch his guitar for a pair of decks taking to the stage for an exclusive DJ set as part of the UK’s most innovative dance festival GATECRASHER’S SUMMER SOUNDSYSTEM 2007 at Lotherton Hall in Leeds on 27th May.

GATECRASHER today announced that DOHERTY is to headline the TEENAGE KICKS POWERED BY VK ARENA alongside Britain’s hottest art-rockers who will become dance floor destructionists for one evening only. The arena reads like a who’s who of British indie stars turned DJs. PETE, representing his band BABYSHAMBLES, is joined by PRESTON from Brighton-based indie-punkers THE ORDINARY BOYS, PAUL THOMSON from Scottish rockers FRANZ FERDINAND, ROSS & JAFF from post-punk throwbacks THE FUTUREHEADS, Scottish indiestalwarts BELLE & SEBASTIAN and super-cool punk funksters SHIT DISCO. Showcasing an eclectic and riotous range of alternative music from these provocative artists whose DJ sets, the arena will provide a new edgy, option for rebellious clubbers.

The indie artists will play alongside the very best global dance DJs including JUDGE JULES / MAURO PICOTTO / MR SCRUFF / FABIO & GROOVERIDER / TIMO MAAS / ANDY C / MARCO V / DAVE PEARCE / LISA PIN-UP / K90 and CHRISTOPHER LAWRENCE at the festival which is to be staged across 8 diverse arenas - the TEENAGE KICKS ARENA POWERED BY VK/RADIO 1 / CRASHER ARENA, HED KANDI ARENA, GOODGREEF vs SUNDISSENTIAL ARENA, THE METROPOLIS / AWOL ARENA, FEDERATION ARENA/DIRTY DISCO ARENA and the newly added VK OUTDOOR EXPERIENCE

Simon Raine, MD of Gatecrasher commented;

“ There has always been a unique crossover between the world’s of dance and indie music and we want to celebrate this at Summer Sound System in a way that is unique and fits with the whole dance festival culture. There is some quite anarchic about members of coolest UK bands becoming DJs, you never know what musical style or sound may come up with!”

GATECRASHER promises to reinvigorate clubland with a spectacular event. Remember the best outdoor dance party you’ve ever been to and you still won’t be close. Anticipate the beautiful, sweeping grounds of historic Lotherton Hall, decadent musical moments, a magical garden-party atmosphere, awe-inspiring video imagery, breathtaking lighting and sound throughout 8 themed arenas and you’re getting closer. Designed by clubbers for clubbers SUMMER SOUND SYSTEM 2007 promises to be THE OUTDOOR CLUBBERS’ EVENT OF THE YEAR.

THE SUMMER SOUND SYSTEM 2007 will be broadcast live on Radio 1 during Dave Pearce’s Dance Anthems between 7 and 9pm and live on digital urban station BBC 1 Xtra broadcasting Bailey’s show between midnight and 2am.

Tickets are on sale now and are priced £37.50 plus booking fee. Tickets are available from the Gatecrasher web-site www.gatecrasher.com/tickets or by calling 08704 28 27 26.

For clubbers the length and breadth of the country, something
has been missing.

The wait is over.

MAY 27TH 2007 – GATECRASHER –THE SUMMER SOUND SYSTEM IS BACK
For further information, interviews or pictures please contact: Margaret Murray/Gerard Franklin @ FMG (UK) Ltd Tel. 0121-224-7453 e-mail:margaret@fmg.co.uk

GATECRASHER
THE SUMMER SOUND SYSTEM 2007
LOTHERTON HALL/ ABERFORD/ LEEDS / LS25 3EB
SUNDAY 27TH MAY 2007 – 5PM UNTIL 6AM

TICKETS ON SALE NOW £37.50 BOOKING FEE
TICKETLINE: 08704 28 27 26 WEBSITE:www.gatecrasher.com/summer

I went to Summer Sound System when DJ Starskream from Slipknot played the infamous set in the dnb tent :teeth:

'SSS 2001 – The rain didn’t stop faithless from totally ripping the crowd up with one of the 1st airings of “Insomnia” and a highly experimental version of “We Come One”.'

Adam Matthews- Promotions Manager Discotheque, Leeds

In terms of this event though.

I like your use of viral marketing for promotions.

Also,

i like the inclusion of Nu-Rave into the line up thus giving the option to bring in a different niche market.

Best of luck to you guys.

'Seeing Sander Kleinenberg whilst drinving around the site helping the litter pickers pick up litter at around 4am in the morning'

Simon Oates Commercial Managing Director- Gatecrasher

GET ON YOUR SHORT SHORTS!!! 24°C WEATHER FORECAST FOR THE 27TH MAY…

The god’s are smiling on us, we must be doing something right for the greater good of humanity; according to our long range weather report the forecast is looking F-I-N-E fine…

REPONSES FROM MARCO V

What’s your most memorable experience of the Gatecrasher Summer Soundsystem?

It will be my first time at Summer Soundsystem so i really look forward to it.

What can we expect from you this year?

My new vinyl EP (Possible, but unlikely / Universal Enemy) is going to be relased next month as well my new Combinations 3 Album.

Who do you recommend as one to watch for 2007?

Rene Amesz, dutch progressive,tribal, house producer. very very good!

What has been your favourite gig over the last year?

Last weekend: the Ferrari Formula 1 party at the KL towers in Malaysia.

What is the funniest/most bizarre thing that’s happened to your whilst playing a gig?

Just recently: somebody grabbed a cd out of my cd wallet, i jumped over the dj booth and had to chase him over the dance floor.

Very funny and good exercise :)

GAIN EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO THE VIP AREA & LEARN THE TRUE MEANING OF FESTIVAL CHIC USE OUR VIP BAR AND LOUNGE AREA WHILST LISTENING TO OUR EXCLUSIVE VIP SOUNDSYSTEM WITH SPECIAL GUESTS LUXURY TOILETS / COMFY SOFAS / COCKTAILS / BBQ

VIP TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE AT WWW.GATECRASHER.COM/TICKETS PRICED AT £47.50 + BF

Back
Top Bottom