Summer of Dub [DUBSTEP]

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by Mr Fletch, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Once again I've ventured down the dubstep route, this time trying to blend chillout and dubstep together. I'm not sure if there is a dubstep sub genre for this or not, but if there isnt there is now.......and I name it "chilldub!" lol!

Anyway, like I said, this is meant to be a real layed back, chilled out, relaxing summer vibe. Couple of bits I still intend to work on, but after listening to it over and over, I need some fresh ears to listen and comment.

http://soundcloud.com/mr-fletch/dimenzion-x-summer-of-dub

2. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

Nice one. Sounds good.
    Personal taste/fresh ears: the sub from 0:27 to 1:22 and again from 3:25 to 3:53 seemed a tad dominant, and the piano could maybe be a bit more crisp (up a notch and a small eq boost in the high mids?)

But over-all that sounds great, good job.

3. Phat_Sam

Phat_Sam Well-Known Member

big tune mate.

really chilled. i think the snare has a bit too much high end... its not clipping or anything.. just my personal preference. plus what subprime saiid about the sub bass.

top notch otherwise mate!

4. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Cheers mate, I was umming and ahhing over that sub for quite a while, in my DAW it sounded ok, but once rendered to mp3 it did seem to dominate quite a bit! Now you've pointed that out I'm gonna rectify it for sure.

I've boosted the piano around the 500hz mark, and dipped it at the high end (15000hz). Maybe I'll boost it a little more, see how it sounds.

5. Stiffer

Stiffer Member

i wouldnt have boosted the low mids of the piano this maybe why its not sounding as crisp as it could, generally the low mids muddy the sound a bit..

good track though man, defo got nice vibes a gwarn

looks like you've caught the dubstep bug... its refreshing to produce when i do it now and again, after making dnb practically everyday..

6. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Yeah I mainly produce drum and bass but taken some time out to get on the dubstep. Will be fine tuning this track later today so should have the final version up later tonight.

7. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

shameful bump ;)

8. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

nice work mate, musically this is sound. the piano makes a really great vibe.. would of personally liked a little more low/mid "oomph" under that snare as it for me sounds a tad flimsy on its own, i think that would really bring the track home.

great track tho man

9. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Cheers lucid, glad you're feeling my new stuff.

10. co0ke

co0ke windowlicker

safe guy. like the vibe of this. reckon if ur gonna drive it on 16th's then the hat maybe needs some other bits layed over, unless u were purposely keepin it stripped down. i think its a bit of a funny balance between levels, like in the first break i can hardly hear whats goin on compared to the intro but that might just be my speakers...

11. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

Very laxed... the Piano and Lead combo work well together. I'm listening on my GFs machine.. a pair of Logitech comp speaks with a small sub. It doesn't sound bad at all. I wish the Piano was a bit bigger in the Mix.... tell you what, the Lead and Piano really play with each other well... lovin that.

The Sub and Mid range layer are jammin... solid textures there.

At 2:48/2:50/2:54/2:57/3:01/3:10/3:11/3:14/3:19/3:25 - you've got some kind of "pop/noise" thing happening... I turned the speaks down and the noises were still there... and the noises happened in the same spots on replay so it's not the net connection farting... ???... just an fyi... could be on my end, but I think you should take a look at it.

I think the ending is half assed : )
    Track is jamming overall, I'd be proud of it... it's fun, deep, and yet very accessible at the same time.

keep jammin!

12. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Cheers for your honest lengthy feedback proto, really appreciate it.

13. juggy111

juggy111 Member

sounds good bruv.. proper chill out

14. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Cheers mate. Thats what I was going for. :)