DnB Summer nights - feedback pls :)

Multiple Noise

Cologne City Guy
Hey guys,
please check out my newset dnb tune after some month of making mainly 140 bpm music.
I really would love to try to get the best out of it, so please let me know your opinions - every feedback is appreciated :)

Private SC, so please CLICK HERE

i know the volume is very low compared to other tracks, so turn up your speakers :)

Last edited:
Drums sound too wet, tighten them up a bit.

Infact all your sounds just seem a bit reverby? Lighten up on whatever makes it sound unsure of itself...

Cool sounds in general though but with this style i reckon you wanna switch it up more. More interest i suppoes... try a new hook element/sound to keep people listening.

The forum goes haywire with private links for some reason. Dunno the solution tbh other than making public (what i do)

I like the track, it is a bit quiet like you noticed and I agree with Manu, something is unsure? Maybe bring the drums in a bit cleaner as suggested and see how that sits. Overall though, good tune.

Hey Manu, thank you for your feedback!

Drums sound too wet, tighten them up a bit.
Yes, i will check that out. I feel that the drums at the beginning are working very well (not too wet), but could be tighten up later?

Cool sounds in general though but with this style i reckon you wanna switch it up more. More interest i suppoes... try a new hook element/sound to keep people listening.
I tried to archieve that by building some breaks and by adding a sax-sample at the end... You think it's still too monotonous? :( :)
I don't like tracks with too much variations in it and love calibre tunes for example, where you also can't find that much variations in it - but that's just my personal taste.

Any other opinions regarding this?

__

I like the track, it is a bit quiet like you noticed and I agree with Manu, something is unsure? Maybe bring the drums in a bit cleaner as suggested and see how that sits. Overall though, good tune.

Thanks, man :) Yes i will look for the drums and have to learn to master (louder, wider) my stuff - is there any plugin for ableton you could recommend for mastering beginners like me?

__

I would love too read some more opinions - big up for everyone who invests some time for me!

I'm no expert by any means. I do know that Ableton has a decent EQ/Compressor/Limiter but I use the NI EQ's and lately have been working a lot with Neutron from Izotope.

hello MN, long time no see. how are things?
i also think the drums are too far away. try getting them closer (attack) and decrease the FX amount. I think EQ on the drums is pretty good though (not too bright).
overall i think there is too much reverb on most elements, most of them sound like being played in the next room. also, is that really 140 bpm? otherwise interesting work man !! :2thumbs:
PS: adding private SC as media in posts won't work here, text+link should be fine ...

Hey maschinistom,
thank you for your feedback! Things are fine over all, thanks :) hope, you're fine, too!

also, is that really 140 bpm?
I wrote "after making 140 bpm stuff the last months" ;) So this is straight around 175 bpm :)

i also think the drums are too far away. try getting them closer (attack) and decrease the FX amount. I think EQ on the drums is pretty good though (not too bright).
overall i think there is too much reverb on most elements, most of them sound like being played in the next room
Thanks for your input, i will try to get the drums closer!
I will check the reverb, too (like ManuForti also mentioned), maybe there is too much width on it (width="next room")?

Hey maschinistom,
thank you for your feedback! Things are fine over all, thanks :) hope, you're fine, too!

I wrote "after making 140 bpm stuff the last months" ;) So this is straight around 175 bpm :)

Thanks for your input, i will try to get the drums closer!
I will check the reverb, too (like ManuForti also mentioned), maybe there is too much width on it (width="next room")?

Sorry, u r right ... we'll noted on the 140, my bad. Looking forward to the next version.... :2thumbs:

amatuer.

needs to be more of everything. more loud. more bass. more talent. more work.

right direction though (y)

rome wasn't built in a day.

This is why I don't feedback :lol:
No? But you did ;)
Maybe invest more time than 1 minute if you are giving feedback to 5 minutes tracks? ;)
catsel.PNG

Negative feedback is fine for me & always welcome!
Cheers!

Hey!
Great track, IMO the intro may be a bit shorter, you really feel the track going at 0.55 so I'd place that part more in the beginning
snare is a little soft I think , I'd give it some more punch :)
Overall vibe is nice! great work! :D

Thanks, mate, i will keep your advices in mind!
I am glad you like it :)

Back
Top Bottom