Suggestions for how to spend some money

Rubs90

KeyControl
VIP Junglist
Alright christmas is coming up, and I've been saving some money as well, all because I wanna splurge out a bit now in the christmas time on some production gear. I have an idea of what I need, but I need some help on whether they're the right things, if I should be saving for something else, what brands/models I should buy etc..

So essentially I saved 300 quid and I'm gonna get around 500-700 for the christmas time. My setup right now is pretty minimal, consisting of only a macbook pro, a midi keyboard (that will do for now), and hardly anything else. An audio interface and some monitors are definitely high on my list, so if you have any suggestions for some nice soundcards please let me know, cause I dont really know much about them. At the same time, I was seriously thinking about investing some money on a nice hardware synth (analog or digital). I produce minimal/dark dnb, and although an Access Virus TI Polar is incredible, its kind of out of my price range right now. I dont really know a lot about what makes each synth sound different, and some suggestions for some synths would be nice.

I hope I'm not sounding like some kid whos just gonna throw money out, I've been giving this some thought, I'm just relatively new to production and wanna know from someone who knows more than me the right products to buy, or which things I should be aiming for to start out.

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Also I heard from someone the other day that it is incredibly important to have a mixer/mixing desk because it completely changes your sound. Is it worth investing in it at these stages?

Audio interface: Apogee Duet 2. It's costly, but believe me – it's worth the price of admission.
Monitors: I'm a KRK kinda guy, so I'll drop them for a recommendation.

I would love a hardware synth, but fuck are they expensive! As far as quality software plugs go, Massive is my go-to all time favorite. My next choice would be NI Kontakt.

Enjoy the spending :)

Cheers.

Alright christmas is coming up, and I've been saving some money as well, all because I wanna splurge out a bit now in the christmas time on some production gear. I have an idea of what I need, but I need some help on whether they're the right things, if I should be saving for something else, what brands/models I should buy etc..

So essentially I saved 300 quid and I'm gonna get around 500-700 for the christmas time. My setup right now is pretty minimal, consisting of only a macbook pro, a midi keyboard (that will do for now), and hardly anything else. An audio interface and some monitors are definitely high on my list, so if you have any suggestions for some nice soundcards please let me know, cause I dont really know much about them. At the same time, I was seriously thinking about investing some money on a nice hardware synth (analog or digital). I produce minimal/dark dnb, and although an Access Virus TI Polar is incredible, its kind of out of my price range right now. I dont really know a lot about what makes each synth sound different, and some suggestions for some synths would be nice.

I hope I'm not sounding like some kid whos just gonna throw money out, I've been giving this some thought, I'm just relatively new to production and wanna know from someone who knows more than me the right products to buy, or which things I should be aiming for to start out.

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 19:08 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

Also I heard from someone the other day that it is incredibly important to have a mixer/mixing desk because it completely changes your sound. Is it worth investing in it at these stages?

M-audio fast track pro for audio interface! Cost about 120-140 euros. Krk rokit(cant remember full name) studio monitors from thomann, couple was 290 euros. Free delivery with over 400 euros purhaces. In my opinion ofc.. :)

M-audio fast track pro for audio interface! Cost about 120-140 euros. Krk rokit(cant remember full name) studio monitors from thomann, couple was 290 euros. Free delivery with over 400 euros purhaces. In my opinion ofc.. :)

Is that M Audio interface good? Its got a nice price to it

---------- Post added at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:58 ----------

Anyone got any suggestions for some nice hardware synths that can produce sounds in the same area as the Virus TI but not as expensive?

Anyone got any suggestions for some nice hardware synths that can produce sounds in the same area as the Virus TI but not as expensive?

Hey,

It's prob. The best seller audio interface in finland cause It have the best quality for that price. Check it out from thomann's store. I bought it and postman will delivery that packeta soon. Usb-wire, drivers for cpu, couple xlr- inputs for like mic etc. Hopefully it was a succesful purhace. :) Check out also these krk 's monitors. Ime currently writing via mobile phone so can't/too lazy to paste urls.. :D

waldorf blofeld costs like 400

id not spend on hardware just yet if i was you. soundcard & monitors should be the go to. loooads of threads on here discussing each and every model there is ;)

pair of krk rockit 6" monitors + Focusrite Saffire Pro interface

should see you for about £500

maybe drop the rest of your budget on plug-ins, or if you can save a bit more get Komplete 7!

And I will second the KRK 6 inch monitors. I fucking love mine. Fantastic speakers!
Hardware synth. I have a korg R3 great for techy swoopy swishy noises... I didn't buy it for D&B tho. Its all about those Virus's but boy are they a lot of dollar! Wish I had the cash for one though!

In my experience Rokits arent as good as the hype, not as flat as a lot of other stuff out there. May well be personal preference but Adams seem to be the one if you're willing to invest. Otherwise the M1 Active MK2s are pretty good if you learn em.

i've had rokit 8's & 5's. i dont rate them at all. if your going to get krk, you neeeeeed VXT. my flatmate has vxt6's and they are verrryyy good.

i have recently bought a pair of mackie hr824 mk2's. and there is no looking back. wait, save then purchase!

i'd second that on the focusrite saffire series. their gear is great!!!

Yeah im aiming for the focusrite saffire pro 14, its got a special price until the 31st of december :)

---------- Post added at 14:02 ---------- Previous post was at 14:01 ----------

And I will second the KRK 6 inch monitors. I fucking love mine. Fantastic speakers!
Hardware synth. I have a korg R3 great for techy swoopy swishy noises... I didn't buy it for D&B tho. Its all about those Virus's but boy are they a lot of dollar! Wish I had the cash for one though!

Would you recommend the Korg R3 for minimal/dark dnb? One thing I am clueless is where to check for hardware synths that came out, their specs and where to buy them etc

Back
Top Bottom