Suggestions and Help with my Jump Up track = DJHicks - If It Bleeds

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by DJHicks, Feb 18, 2012.

1. DJHicks

DJHicks New Member

Hi folks... Still learning a lot...

I made 3 tracks, but this was before learning about proper EQing and Spacing of instruments and such.

That said I have played them out at a few raves and apart from them being quieter then the norm (just upped the gains) they actually went out well and have had many a rewind lol!

I realise that tracks need to sound the best they can and want them too but at the same time I like a little muddyness and perhaps not such a "perfect mixdown" as I find teh track for me feels more real/rustic etc.

Still Its been suggested that I need more dynamics on the beat... I'm really not sure what is ment by that tbf would anyone care to explain... in simpleton terms please. lol

Thanks again for taking the time to have a listen

Before my mastering attempt 320mp3:

After my mastering attempt 320mp3:

Thanks again for any suggestions/help!!

DJHicks

2. DJHicks

DJHicks New Member

Anyone?? lol :lol_board

3. horace111

horace111 My name is Jago (HYQXYZ)

Second master is a lot better, great track btw (;
    I think that by 'more dynamics' they mean that the drums should punch through the mix a little more, or they mean that your drums sound a little bit 'flat'. In both cases you'll need to work on your EQ'ing, make sure your kick drum has enough room in the mix
    and make sure your snare doesn't drown (it is kinda silent right now). Adding some shuffles to your hi-hats might do no bad either (;

Hope that helps you a little!

4. DJHicks

DJHicks New Member

Definitely!! Thank you very much!

This was only my 3rd ever track... Completely done in Reason 5 so quite chuffed tbf