Sugar Bytes Cyclop Synth

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Has anyone used Sugar Bytes Cyclop? Looks a bit gimmicky, but the built-in m/s processing had me intrigued. All their products are 50% til November 3, so I was trying to get some feedback on it, or any other of the Sugar Bytes plugs for that matter.

Cheers.

It is a bit gimmicky and has a particular work flow to it. The m/s processing does give it really good stereo spread though. Its a good product, just not very conventional.

It is a bit gimmicky and has a particular work flow to it. The m/s processing does give it really good stereo spread though. Its a good product, just not very conventional.
I had a similar feeling when I was demoing it. There are certain aspects that I like about it, but I also felt a bit held back especially after using other, more flexible synths.

try the demo
Sound advice, and like any good consumer, it was the first things I did. Sadly, when one is only able to dive into a synth for 30 min. at a time with no save or recall, it's easy to fall in love with a synth at first sight as opposed to being able to spot long-term flaws and short comings. Hence, the reason I created this thread: to see if any long term users were still satisfied with their investment.

Cheers.

I think it can be a good synth to use for resampling and sperimenting in a fast way with the randomise mode.
But like you, I just try the demo.
So, waiting for some more long term users opinion! :)

Back
Top Bottom