Success in music

Discussion in 'Production' started by fanu, Jan 1, 2017.

1. fanu

fanu Active Member

[​IMG]

BLOG POST: http://fanumusic.com/success/

In 2016, I happened to discuss with many musicians what could be filed under “success”, for lack of a better word, and I kept jotting down several notes about it throughout the year. The topic we always shared was along the lines of where we are now in terms of our music, are we doing well with it, where are we going next, have we ever thought of quitting, etc.
    So, what’s a better way to start 2017 than writing down about those pointers and thoughts relating to “success”, hoping it’ll be a successful year to everybody.

I'd also love to hear about your definition of success.

Heikki Harmaa and Sulihin like this.

2. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin .

Interesting topic and definitely something you need to keep realistic aims for.

Success for me is pushing my knowledge and quality of output to the next level... Even if that's a marginal rise in level that is fine. The times I feel haven't been a success is when I've put too much pressure on myself to get a certain amount of tracks done or lost the fun element in making music.

I've also just started reading oyur guide to mixing which is very helpful and giving me a different perspective on things, thanks for your time putting these things together!

fanu likes this.