Subwave - Think / Indigo - Shogun Audio

think is complete smasher. been waiting on this for time.
although, 12" of the year?

not too sure about that. especially seeing as it was released in the same week as splash shot/diplodocus.

big.

think is complete smasher. been waiting on this for time.
although, 12" of the year?

not too sure about that. especially seeing as it was released in the same week as splash shot/diplodocus.

big.

I know I got a bit carried away there!! haha. Definitely Top 10 though, I'd literally just stuck it on my deck!! Silly big tune though.

Just doesnae do anything for me mate, I prefer something that rips heads off for instance,P.A which makes me mess my pants 1 and 2 and the other and maybe a little spew.
:devilslay

You can't appreciate this tune until you put it on your decks through a system. Seriously the warmth and depth the stuff on Shogun has is amazing. Fair play it ain't party mayhem jump-up but imo this how dnb is meant to be.....Rollin'.

blates man. been playin this a lot, just lovin it. it's all about shogun right now, don't seem to be putting out a single bad tune.

on the subject of p.a - ill is a sick tune, such a filthly horrible bassline. sounded mint when i played on friday. proper screw face business.

blates man. been playin this a lot, just lovin it. it's all about shogun right now, don't seem to be putting out a single bad tune.

on the subject of p.a - ill is a sick tune, such a filthly horrible bassline. sounded mint when i played on friday. proper screw face business.

Oh yeh how did that go on friday Rhys...?

was wicked man, from what i heard apparently i smashed it :) which is nice to know.
rhthym factory is a sweet little venue. we were in the 2nd room, which is a nice size and has that dirty little sweat box feel about it, which is what i love and crave from clubs. turn out was good too, enough people came and it was wicked vibes all night.

roots manuva showed up too! because the banana klan boys were doing something in the main room with the other guy we know who was promoting the thing with us (he plays tuba for jimmy screetch or something)

but yeah, wicked tingz man. hopefully we'll be doing something up there a little more regulary from now on. hoping that's the plan anyway.

was a very nice and supprising night in the end, was absolutly THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST :D

Competition for the next Sublow then yarrrr?? Sounds interesting. lol Let the battle commence. We've got Hazard penciled in for the next one in October. hush hush shhhhh

really like this, wicked production and vibes, dunno about 12 of the year though, not exactly groundbreaking!! :shrug:

Personally I find shogun a very 'play-it-safe' label, nothing too offensive but overall a bit boring, that assassins ep was shite imo and that perez shit :sleep:

really like this, wicked production and vibes, dunno about 12 of the year though, not exactly groundbreaking!! :shrug:

Personally I find shogun a very 'play-it-safe' label, nothing too offensive but overall a bit boring, that assassins ep was shite imo and that perez shit :sleep:

Perez shite...boring. Bruv 'Stray' is music, get to know. I respect your opinion but you must appreciate what Shogun are putting out, the label has the best sound quality even on their promo releases, better than RAM. fact.

don't let the door hit you on your way out yeah.....

yeh to make things clear i wasn't actually calling alix perez shit, i said 'that perez shit' meaning 'that perez stuff', poor writing on my part.

But its true to say I find his music boring, hence the :sleep:

His tracks are usually a hip hop sample straight up jacked with a couple of breaks on top and a bit of bass. Executed pretty well, I admit. Not my thing though, i prefer drum n bass to be energetic and original, if i want lounge music vibes ill listen to Miles Davis or Cinematic Orchestra basically. Heard it all before, Calibre was making tunes like stray years ago!Though for me Stray was the best track on that ep, which says more about the ep than it does about stray!

And i wasn't dissing shogun or its sound quality, simply saying i though it was overrated as a label.

:readthis:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom