Drum & Bass Suburban Filth - Purple

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by SuburbanFilth, Dec 8, 2011.

1. SuburbanFilth

SuburbanFilth Member

2. t0rben

t0rben Member

I think the bass needs more low end and less mids. (judging from headphones)

Feeling a vibe though... try getting more variations in the sound, eg. some fx automation. right now it's just loops put together.

Hope this helps :)

3. SuburbanFilth

SuburbanFilth Member

About the variations I get it,but what do u mean by fx automations - is it just to put more Fx in it or something else ?

4. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Nice punchy drum work, agree that the bass needs more sub, to me it sounds like a sub with lfo on it but the sub is put on an octave to high? try lowering it a whole octave to give it alot more depth then duplicate it and change the sub to a saw or square wave to give it some mid range grit.

Definately needs some changes to it as it gets repetative really quickly, change the piano notes every 16 bars or so, or maybe even take them out for 8 bars, change the lfo rate on the bass every so often too, FX sweeps, risers, single hits etc are all your friends, use them and you'll notice your track will have much more varyation to keep the listener interested

5. SuburbanFilth

SuburbanFilth Member

Ok ty both im gonna try that right now :D