Subtle Ambiance

RevTech

Butthole=output transduce
VIP Junglist
To make tunes sound pro ya kind of need some kind of ambiance when there is only a beat, or a buildup and such...

Is this all massive reverb or a sample played at a low volume?

just try your own methods.
we cant help u with everything man, its best to find things out for yourself.
its what i do.......allthough im not really bang on the production anymore.

but i tend to use some hits with delay and reverb and add automation clips so i can edit the delay as the track progresses

no right answer, experiment, but reverb is a very powerful tool, just be careful not to overdo it and end up with a 'washed-out' sound.

to create ambience, pads and fx would be an obvious choice ;)

Balls, just the reminder I needed! I barely used pads! Thanks mate.

Sorry this was a no brainer for most people. I haven't produced in a month or so. :/

Balls, just the reminder I needed! I barely used pads! Thanks mate.

Sorry this was a no brainer for most people. I haven't produced in a month or so. :/

ya man if u have ur intro section where theres no bass, u can really let ur imagination go wild with all sorts of pads and fx, listen to liquid and intelligent stuff, loads of good ideas in those tunes!

ya man if u have ur intro section where theres no bass, u can really let ur imagination go wild with all sorts of pads and fx, listen to liquid and intelligent stuff, loads of good ideas in those tunes!

Revtech listen to A.I - Desporado. this is a prime example

thing is in that tune they countinue alot of the pads throughout the song

make lower frequency rumbly bits for ambience, layer with sounds of rain or fire, and sea, with spermwhales playing in there, all this faintly in the background. i do this and i can prove it to you

I prefer humpback whales, their sound is far more edgy.:rinsed:

Modulating something from your main melody (be it bass or something else) or using similar sounds to your main theme but more subtly also works fine in these buildups.

Personally i like to use something i have in the tune already, a synth sound, a stab, anything really but with heavy processing like reverb, maybe a delay with a long feedback that fucks up the sound repeating itself to oblivion, or a slow filter sweep....

Some people use things that have nothing to do with the tune other than being a background for buildups like sperm whales. Dolphinae are also fine if you cant find whales.

Back
Top Bottom