DnB Subtitude - Vendetta WIP

BLoodstaiN`

After being quiet for a year i've made another track. (Still a WIP)
Since i've bought a Macbook Pro i had to give Logic a try because i had to quit FL studio which is not available for MAC OSX.
The style of drum and bass i make is slightly changing. Because jump up is really getting a shitty subgenre with all that crap that they're getting out there.

Anyway, to make a story short, this is my latest project

lol i made a tune a few months back sampled v for vendetta…. i think the introduction needs more variation… too minimal before the drums…. bass is cool but i don't like it…. maybe its the arrangement but i can't think

does need more complexity though

I think for a jump up tune this is already compex enough, i would work a bit on the sound design though to get the bass and synths a bit grittier

tune sounds like its really lacking highs (feels as if everything has been squashed/is a bit lifeless)
the arrangment/idea (couldnt think of a better word) has some good potential
if you clean up your sounds it'll be fairly sex
another 1 or 2 layers in the drums (more of that break or some other loops coming in and out every 16/32)

Maybe add some more automation to the bass, dirty it up a bit in places. I would add some more ambient elements to the intro as well.

Try having some high register elements like a ride cymbal or a lead after the drop, then remove these after 8-16 bars and let it breathe

V for Vendetta seems pretty popular for vocal samples, and that could go both ways. I don't think the intro needs too much more work i.e layering w/ different textural elements, but maybe be a little more playful w/ the vocal sample a bit?

Main beat's pretty tight, agreed w/ Raarr on adding some more high-end there. An appealing track so far tho keep up the good work.

Thanks all for the feedback.

What i understand from this is that:
- More high end in the track
- more layering in the drums
- clean up sounds and Master the track
- more little features to the sounds like automation. I'll call it tralala. The decorations of the basic sound if you will

Back
Top Bottom