Subtitude - Rocker

BLoodstaiN`

Okay i've posted this one before, then i got some advice,
I've learned sidechaining since then, actually 10 min ago ;p
Sidechained a Ride to my kick, or vice versa, becuase it's looks a bit weird in FL
I've added another hat. because i had the feeling my intro was sounding faster than my drop.
I've made the subbass a bit deeper. And Shorted the release of my Snare, to get a punchier sound.

still all comments are welcome

alright mate!
kick needs beefing up and snare needs a punchy part to it!
the good thing it has got variation, and everything sequencing wise osunds good , maybe its just the quality of ur drum samples that is letting it down, try layering them up a bit. i think the bassline would sound a lot better if u thickened it up maybe lowpassed the same one and added more distortion make it alot heavier i think.
overall ideas are good mate just need to layer up hits and bass

i would agree the layout and arrangement is wicked and seems to have all the elements it needs but your drums need bringin further forward and maybe compressing that lead a bit more.could be an awesome tune but needs work i dont use fl but in reason i would prob add or use a new kick and snare run through some tape distortion and roll some high end of that lead bass.dont touch the arrangement i think you have that bang on
just need to work on the fundamental elements kick snare sub and lead get all them sounding fat and then introduce the other bits

is getting there thou mate finish it

hope that helped

alright mate!
kick needs beefing up and snare needs a punchy part to it!
the good thing it has got variation, and everything sequencing wise osunds good , maybe its just the quality of ur drum samples that is letting it down, try layering them up a bit. i think the bassline would sound a lot better if u thickened it up maybe lowpassed the same one and added more distortion make it alot heavier i think.
overall ideas are good mate just need to layer up hits and bass

Kicks needs beefin = More low-end?
Punchier snare = ? more mid-tones?

You've definately come a long way since joining us here thats for sure.

You got a lot of good elements going on here, and your raspy bass sounds cool.

you just need to improve the hi hats, and choose better kick snare samples, but you're going actually in a right direction mate ;)
nice synths you've got there

a lot of progress since the 1st time i heard this track!

but i agree with the above posters..make sure u choose really good samples for your kick/snare/hats etc..
also it sounds a little detached to me..i think if u try and make it a lil more 'wholesome' it would sound better. try routing all your drums n perc to a bus and add some very small compression and eq, just to bring it together.

but i agree with the above posters..make sure u choose really good samples for your kick/snare/hats etc..
also it sounds a little detached to me..i think if u try and make it a lil more 'wholesome' it would sound better. try routing all your drums n perc to a bus and add some very small compression and eq, just to bring it together.

Like, a multiband compressor on my master?

what daw u on?
like it logic, u can send channels to an auxillary channel (a bus) and apply plugins on that aux.
im saying add a compressor to it, to tighten up your drum kit.

Al my drum samples come from Vengeance Packs 1,2 & 3
someone on this forum, said they were good. so it might just be my lack of skills?

what daw u on?
like it logic, u can send channels to an auxillary channel (a bus) and apply plugins on that aux.
im saying add a compressor to it, to tighten up your drum kit.

I'm in Fl studio, Because i tried to make electro when i was 13-14 years old, i stuck to FL studio, i like it.
But nonetheless, i'll keep working on this track until it sounds decent

if im being honest...i think you should start a new track
purely on the basis that u know a lot more than when u first started making this track
n now u can apply your knowledge to your next track making it better quality from the beginning.

n im not saying this track is shit or whatever cuz it aint, but i feel in music its much harder to apply new knowledge to an existing project.
if u start with a clean project you can get better results.

if im being honest...i think you should start a new track
purely on the basis that u know a lot more than when u first started making this track
n now u can apply your knowledge to your next track making it better quality from the beginning.

n im not saying this track is shit or whatever cuz it aint, but i feel in music its much harder to apply new knowledge to an existing project.
if u start with a clean project you can get better results.

I'm still working on this, And also on another project, Something more like walk on air by camo & Krooked, Going that style.

I'm in Fl studio, Because i tried to make electro when i was 13-14 years old, i stuck to FL studio, i like it.
But nonetheless, i'll keep working on this track until it sounds decent

Dont try and find excuses as to why you are still using FL Studio...there's nothing wrong with it. It's all I use, FL 8 with some select VST's and thats it.

Dont try and find excuses as to why you are still using FL Studio...there's nothing wrong with it. It's all I use, FL 8 with some select VST's and thats it.

No no, wasn't what i meant, I had an illegal version of FL 6 or something when i was 14,
And i kinda never tried something else, because i like FL, a lot of people in my area tell me, FL is For kiddo's, Abeleton is mucht better, Logic is much better, bla bla bla.
I'm happy with FL It's belgian, so why would i start with another program.

Maybe i expressed myself wrong, But i like Fl, don't think i will ever change, I do use some vsti's too, Ohmicide, and the ones that are given with FL itself.
I do everything with sytrus & Samples, and The above stated things ;p.
Got about 6.5 gig on samples

Well Ive tried Reason and Nuendo (Cubases big brother) but I just seem to be able to be more creative and have a better workflow in FL so I've stuck with that too!

Back
Top Bottom