Subtitude - Resonator (Work in progress)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by BLoodstaiN`, Jan 13, 2011.

1. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

Telle me what you think, your full thought, feedback is appreciated as always, long time since i posted something because my pc broke down had to reinstall FL studio and i'm a bit rusty even though i'm not that good anyway xd

2. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

maybe take more time to get the full effect of the intro? because the more i listen to it? the more i think i'm going to fast to the drop? what do you guys think?

3. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

nah lengths fine in my opinion, maybe double up the beat at the start tho, i preffer for there not to be any messin about if you know what i mean.
    uhh in the intro your synths need to flow more i think
    the white noise you bring in, in my opinion is too ressy i personally i think the same could apply to the synths when it drops. but then the track is called resonator :p

check my new post if ya could :)

4. Rajstah Vibe

Rajstah Vibe soundcloud.com/rajstah

link not working... :(

5. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

should be working, didn't take it off

---------- Post added at 02:45 ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 ----------

There's 2 things i don't get, "Double up the beat" and "No messing around if you know what i mean" (I don't know what you mean xd you'll have to be specific & clear since i'm from belgium ;p.

And about the resonating, I made the synth on my own, no other presets or samples or anything, using Sytrus and messing in the OSC thingie if you're familiar with sytrus you'll know what i mean.
    but that extra sound that comes after it that's not needed is something i can't solve, don't know how to take it out without messing up the synthesizer's sound that it's supposed to make.

6. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

Double up the beat - just add another section of the beat but with perhaps an extra shaker, hi hat, ride or pads or somthing.

no messing around - i like tunes that get straight into it :)

i'd reccommed you find your self a copy of native instruments massive, your basslines will be much better then

7. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

I'd have to learn to work with massive then, because i only use sytrus atm and that's a different synth than other synthesizers

[​IMG]

compare that to massive, huge difference no? ;p

8. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

meh just look diffrent mate, most synths will be able to do the same thing.

i like massive alot mate, at first it totally confused me but really its a really simple synth and you can have some monsterous sounds in a few clicks, its well worth the effort to learn it. and theres nuff tutorials on it over the web.

9. BLoodstaiN`

BLoodstaiN` Member

Will maybe buy that one and learn it since i've got a lot of comments of it being very nice, how's FM8 like? the same or totally different?

10. elmaruk

elmaruk slannndaaaaaaar

both good synths, but to be fair i only used the fm8 a few times...tried it but just went back to massive.

but yeah honestly, imo massive is all ya need. dont buy it straight off tho, find a crack n test it, if ya like it then buy it.