DnB Subtitude - Mutiny WIP

BLoodstaiN`

First of all, Long time no see! At least for me that is.
haven't been here for a while, working on basslines and stuff and how to get 'em neat.
At least neater than before.

So here's a new wip of mine,
Comments are appreciated as always.
I will try give feedback to others too when i find the time, and if i can be helpful.

Intro is not what it should be, still need to work on that, a lot.

There are some serious frequency clashes going on in your drum work, the hats from the intro basically dissappear when the kick and snare come in, then it sounds like you have another three hat patterns come in too, this is all just cluttering up your frequency spectrum causing alot of muddyness.

There are some serious frequency clashes going on in your drum work, the hats from the intro basically dissappear when the kick and snare come in, then it sounds like you have another three hat patterns come in too, this is all just cluttering up your frequency spectrum causing alot of muddyness.

so what do you suggest i do?

I'd suggest you look up some tutorials on EQ and spectrum analysis. Basically you need to carve out notches on your snare line where the hats peak, cut any low end from the hats, cut anything below around 90hz on your kick, boosting mildly at around 120hz. You then need to mould the snare in the midrange area to give it a nice snap

What tunes are inspiring you? When you play your tune side by side with them how does it compare?

Back
Top Bottom