Subtitude - MACHINE (WIP)

I havnt listened to the track yet mate as I'm on my iPhone, will listen later

But the best piece of advice I can give you right now (and this isnt an insult, it's from my own personal experience) is to chill on the WIP posting. Try and focus on the tracks you are working on, and get them finished. I'm talking finished to the point where you are entirely happy with the piece, from start to finish, mixdown etc etc.

Then post them up for review. People round here are honest, so if you think it sounds good, but others dont, you can look back at it in a clearer frame of mind and see where you went wrong.

I know this because when I started out here, I was so eager to get other peoples opinions on an 8 bar loop and stuff that I was rushing out all these different sounds, then when people were telling me where I was going wrong I couldnt see it.

Now, once I'm happy with a track, and post it finished. If there's problems with it, I can understand it alot better, and it's easier to go back and change the minor details.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to get across? I honestly dont mean any insults with this, and you may be completely different to me, but it's just what I've learnt over time...

I havnt listened to the track yet mate as I'm on my iPhone, will listen later

But the best piece of advice I can give you right now (and this isnt an insult, it's from my own personal experience) is to chill on the WIP posting. Try and focus on the tracks you are working on, and get them finished. I'm talking finished to the point where you are entirely happy with the piece, from start to finish, mixdown etc etc.

Then post them up for review. People round here are honest, so if you think it sounds good, but others dont, you can look back at it in a clearer frame of mind and see where you went wrong.

I know this because when I started out here, I was so eager to get other peoples opinions on an 8 bar loop and stuff that I was rushing out all these different sounds, then when people were telling me where I was going wrong I couldnt see it.

Now, once I'm happy with a track, and post it finished. If there's problems with it, I can understand it alot better, and it's easier to go back and change the minor details.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to get across? I honestly dont mean any insults with this, and you may be completely different to me, but it's just what I've learnt over time...

Well I found that posting WIP's on here really helps me out with the productions sometimes.
Next to that I keep getting positive reactions on my WIP's although they only consist an intro and a drop.
But yeah it's true, when you are going to post just some loops it will not get any positive reactions.

I normally work trough my tune and am doing my fill-up rounds throughout the production process, adding FX sounds everywhere it is needed, small little bass stabs or vocal edits.
That's why my WIP projects usually sound pretty full and finished.

But ontopic: You've just only started, what I heard from the tune was that is was sounding way to easy.
Nothing interesting in it, the drums are weak, it lacks body and the bass isn't even a bassline, more a synth.

Start working more at your individual sounds and get them right, then start filling in the puzzle and make some finished tunes.

its good to finish your tracks before posting if you have that much confidence in yourself but i like to get feedback before i "close" a tune so it means i can add all the finishing touches and little things that people suggest before im done... that means i mostly use this forum FOR WIPs because its while im still working on something that i want feedback.

anyway. not sure what this tune is saying mate, drums are cool but what is that vibe on the bassline?? happy? bopping to the shops to get a packet of sweets happy?? im not sure. cant make it out tis very unclear and undefined what vibe your going for with that. again sounds like the kind of choon i expect to hear when i walk into the pokemon centre and speak to chancey about getting my pokemon healed.

Back
Top Bottom