Subtitles Music Update...and appreciation thread

deadaelus

Laughter in the Slaughter
VIP Junglist
Does anyone have any additional info at all about this upcoming release from Uncle Tee?

I pulled this off of the ST Holdings, subtitles main distribution companies website.

Subliminal Volume 1 (SUBTITLESCD004)

SUBLIMINAL VOL1 MIXED BY TEEBEE SUBTITLES
Teebee celebrates fifty release on Subtitles Music, by mixing up some of the finest 12” vinyl releases’s from past and present years. Classic releases from K(aka Polar),C4C, Future Prophecies & Teebee are blended perfectly with modern day masterpieces from Noisia, Break, Chris SU, Phace & Teebee. Unlike most D&B mix CD’s Teebee’s mix is live using vinyl only.

1 - Natural Selection - Zero Tolerance
2 - Submerged - Break
3 - Brainwave - Phace
4 - Hubcap - Noisia
5 - Acid City - Future Prophecies
6 - White Widow - C4C
7 - Catch My Breath - Teebee
8 - Sandworm - Noisia
9 - Dimentional Entity - Teebee Vs Future Prophecies
10 - Vitamin P - Phace
11 - Backdraft - Noisia
12 - Oblivous - K
13 - Futile Dream - K
14 - Let Go - Teebee
15 - Snakefunk - Teebee
16 - Todays Special - Break
17 - Imperial - Rob F and Impulse
18 - Volcom - C4C
19 - Solaris - Chris SU
20 - Go Between - Commix

If anyone knows any more lets fill the forum. I heard rumours a long while back that this was gonna be a two part CD set. One mix by Teebee & one by Polar. As you all may know Polar aka K was a co-owner of the label and he has gone into remission as of late. Needless to say he was rumoured to make a comeback with this mix CD and begin his masterful production again.

...by the way this is by far my favorite record label of all time. In fact i almost own the entire catalogue on wax. Are any others feeling this label ??

SUBTITLES053 - Electrosoul System > No One Knows / To See The Star

WIkkid roller on the Subtitles imprint. If you like the deeper sounds of liquid vein, this tune is for you. Cant wait for the full release, might have to grab a white if i can. Really feeling the vocal edits in "to see the star" what a beautiful tune.

More into 50 pt II and perfect hapiness than the recent subtitles bits.

Anyone else less excited by recent subtitles stuff? I still like a fair bit of it, but a lot of it sounds like quite cynically, but well produced tunes aimed at the 'serious' mid twenties D&B collector. Some tasteful R&B samples or gentle atmospherics along with a deep rolling bassline and bobs your uncle,

Most of it's still got a nice deep absorbing sound, but I feel like the releases aren't as creative as they used to be, that it's more about refining the formula than true experimentation.

I just remember being so into stuff like Futile Dream, Nigthmare Walking, Dimentional Entity, Recall etc... and while I still like the new stuff, I'm just less amazed by the releases since Siren Song.

I guess they set the standerd pretty high for a long time, would be hard to keep up with that.

My personal fav label.
Got perfect happiness last week really feeling
misanthrops tunes

ihurtchildren said:
but I feel like the releases aren't as creative as they used to be, that it's more about refining the formula than true experimentation.

I guess they set the standerd pretty high for a long time, would be hard to keep up with that.

ahhhhh............. would have to disagree

come along away in last 5 years! some epic tunez

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom