Substances.

DanDnB

Bass and Drums
Ok, basically this thread is about substances (not abuse, just usage during producing/mixing).

Sh1t folks, I just have to admit when I take some xanax my tunes come out gold. I mean my production output (just sheer song structure) is GOLD when i take that stuff.

I don't abuse, but once in a while when I feel I need to relax (it is prescribed legally to me anyway) I will take a little chill trip and the stuff I make really surprises me.

I am sure the greens helped a lot of people produce.

:andy:

I got drunk as usual and by a honest mistake i automated the shit of every plugin i had on a project and guess what? I fucked it all up. Kids dont drink and open ur projects..

Alcohol be a bad substance. In my opinion, it doesn't help me produce, it just clouds my mind.

Xanax (Alprazolam) has to be it.

Like Eminem sayd "pop a xanax relax" :D
I dunno i usually drink alot of coffee so i stay up at night, thats when i actually create my stuff, kinda sleepy at the mo so i need moar coffee:twisted:

Like Eminem sayd "pop a xanax relax" :D
I dunno i usually drink alot of coffee so i stay up at night, thats when i actually create my stuff, kinda sleepy at the mo so i need moar coffee:twisted:

Coffee is baaaadd. I'm more of a downer, anything that gives me energy kinda hurts my flow.

For the record, I don't mix.

Substances.

Get it? BAHAHAHAHA...

nvm

:rinsed:

Dan can you post some examples of what you mean? like two different tunes you've made in different states lol would be interesting because I think everyone could have a slightly different idea of what makes their tunes good

haha then everyone will start poppin xanax:D

lol didnt think about it that way. I don't really believe that substances cause more creativity, and that it's the person not the juice. But, having said that weed definately helped my bass playing a lot because it opened me up to writing different material.

I've never had a xanax still, what is it?

Well, I don't mean trashed. I sorta was referring to just relaxed and/or inspired.

Maybe to some people being trashed DOES help them become more creative, everyones different. I don't have a before and after of a tune because the after is the result of the substance. Hmm, it's kinda hard to give an example.

I am just a very anxious person in general, so my doc prescribed some xanax (its a tranquilizer that calms you down). I dont always take it, but when I do it benefits music production.

Here's what I mean.

Before substance:

can't make up my mind on which synth to use
will endlessly decide if a certain beat is worthy of refinement or not
I second guess changes that i've made to a current song or loop,
I am just overall more indecisive and nit picky with the tune

After substance:
I know exactly what sounds good, and I'm less bias and irritated
I don't get discouraged as easily, if something doesnt work i just move on
I have more guts to try new things that i would have otherwise said "that wont work"
overall my focus is decreased but my creativity has increased

Thats about the jist of my experience, it can be different for different people with different substances. I just want to hear about yours.

Well, I don't mean trashed. I sorta was referring to just relaxed and/or inspired.

Maybe to some people being trashed DOES help them become more creative, everyones different. I don't have a before and after of a tune because the after is the result of the substance. Hmm, it's kinda hard to give an example.

I am just a very anxious person in general, so my doc prescribed some xanax (its a tranquilizer that calms you down). I dont always take it, but when I do it benefits music production.

Here's what I mean.

Before substance:

After substance:
I have more guts to try new things that i would have otherwise said "that wont work"

Thats about the jist of my experience, it can be different for different people with different substances. I just want to hear about yours.

Set up technical things before substances then:

Like compression, perhaps EQ, and limiting (not a fan of limiting btw) .

dam i cant remember the last time i did anything without a spleef :(
perhaps i need to cut down.:rinsed:
Sometimes tho you get like a few bars that you think sound amazin - then the next morning when u play them.... its like wtf was i thinking !!!

kids, dont do drugs. :clown: (leaves more for me lol )

Here's what I mean.

Before substance:

After substance:

fair enough mate

these days weed makes me too paranoid so i dont smoke, and if i did i'd spend hours on one loop or bassline so that dont work. alcohol makes me lazy and it shows in the tunes. nothing beats a sugary drink when producing tbh lol

Last edited:
LOL Jim,

see the good thing bout xanax is that you are still coherent when you take it, you dont get 'high'. you kinda just get REALLY relaxed, sorta like getting a BJ in the morning feeling, i dunno how to esplain. You should try some.

just kidding, kids don't do drugz.

LOL Jim,

you kinda just get REALLY relaxed, sorta like getting a BJ in the morning feeling,.

dam where can i get me summa dat ?

lets be honest there is a lot of "useage" that goes on in the "scene".
Im too old for most stuff now - stick to me herb - but i guess for me it does help to get "into" the music more.
Or maybe im just talking a load of crap... that happens too.
:D:wave:

Back
Top Bottom