[SUBSOIL] Konichi & Decimal Bass Interview

DRTY

Rolling out with freshness as per, we've got Konichi & Decimal Bass both making their Bournemouth debuts at Subsoil next week. They've both rapidly made their marks on the scene with a host of releases on several labels over the last couple of years.

With support from artists such as Dillinja, Hazard, Brockie, Bryan Gee, Crissy Criss, Ruffstuff, Sub Zero, Taxman and loads more the boys from Cheltenham are pushing things forward.

Ez Scott, Mike! Cheers for speaking to us, start out by telling us how it all began! How did you get into music in the first place, and onto producing face melting D&B?
(Mike) Just through playing around with making music on Fruityloops. Then progressed onto Logic and started taking it more seriously. The rest followed.
(Scott) exactly the same really, but cubase haha.

What artists would you say have mostly influenced your work?
(Mike) A lot of the grime producers such as Maniac, Davinche, Wiley etc inspired me to make beats. I loved the way the beats were so simple but so groovey. Dnb wise id say Hazard, Taxman, Original Sin, Dillinja - the usual suspects.
(Scott) Aphex Twin is my all time favourite music without a doubt and definetely the artist whos influenced me the most, also though alot of the metal & punk I used to listen to has definitely affected my style.

Read on here - http://www.subsoilevents.co.uk/2012/05/konichi-decimal-bass-interview.html

http://www.facebook.com/events/211369642296531/

Still love Day After Day by Decimal Bass

Should hopefully catch these two at the next Breakin Science, on Jubilee Weekend

Read the interview mate!!

Haha seen it now. Dunno man, I think Konichi's getting a bit stale, maybe its the fact that he's got an identical sounding tune out nearly every week on some unheard of label. Quality over quantity imo.

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

Decimal Bass sounds better imo.

konichi is a breath of fresh air to a sub genre that was in danger of going down a slippy slope of lazy boring screechy samey samey jump up tunes that ppl seem to cream their pants over today ..... combined with hazard it should be interesting

konichi is a breath of fresh air to a sub genre that was in danger of going down a slippy slope of lazy boring screechy samey samey jump up tunes that ppl seem to cream their pants over today ..... combined with hazard it should be interesting

Yeah you're right there's so much shit jump up today I think jump up itself's split now between your dancefloory playaz style and your soppy bollocks DJ Sly screechy schreechers and the latter is going nowhere, they can't all play that shit for ever surely

a lot of ppl cream over Guv these days but i swear to god altho the tunes do have instant impact on the dance floor he is gettin lazy. Theres tunes of his that are the same but different samples n named something else. I prefered his older stuff as his screechy stuff hurts my ears when its loud, far too high endy. Mid tier producers have seemed to have hit a brick wall of creation at the moment with only Konichi and Mackey Gee emerging as producers with potential

konichi gets that balance between jump up and that slightly darker sound almost perfect.. needs more exposure tbh, yes it sounds pretty samey but when you're an artist establishing yourself surely it helps to create your own certain sound to get your name out there... and then diversify after. and yes moar simulator music

'Simulator Music' is the one on Hazard's DnB Awards set from this year yea?

Largeness!

---------- Post added at 13:08 ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 ----------

Yep, just found it

Does sound similar to 'Bad Juju' though

Back
Top Bottom