Submitting tracks to multiple labels

BattleteK

Hey guys,

need some advice on this one, i've made some tracks and send them to about 5 labels of which 3 were pretty positive about them. Unfortunately I can only release them under 1 label so... Having them mp3s sent to different labels, how do you guys manage them not to fall into the wrong hands? (e.g. stealing them and releasing them under an other alias or something else). Should I only send 2 minute previews when sending them to multiple labels? Or submit the fully mastered ones with bleeps in it? Let me know what is best.

Jordy

Burn a data cd with all the project files and bounces to a disk. Send it to yourself by recorded delivery, but don't open the envelope obviously.
But you'll have to do that before you send the tune out

Maybe this is your problem?

record_cave.jpg

You're always taking the piss logikz......

- - - Updated - - -

just trust it mate. How many horror stories do you hear of people getting ripped off by a label?

I'm surprised you found labels that want you to send them MP3's/WAVS, or anything physical. 99% of places want links to Soundcloud, and this is the best way to go. They do this so that they don't have millions of CDs to deal with, and can't ever be accused of stealing someones work like you mentioned above. When I signed a deal last year, I submitted 4 tracks from a finished album to about 20ish labels, and only 1 of them wanted a physical (to which I used the old fashioned/cheap copyright technique of sending to myself described above).

Back
Top Bottom