Submit your mixes for the DNBForum members mix comp here

Status
Not open for further replies.

O.U.

Expert
VIP Junglist
I don't care you can be as critical as you like I'm withdrawing my set from the competition

Keyboard warriors lool

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
LINK: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2NAD1G7H

Tracklist

High Contrast - Everything's Different (Calibre RMX)
>>ESS - Lifeline
Commix - Japanese Electronics
>>BC:UK - True Romance
FFD - Cays Crays (A.I RMX)
Culture Shock & Brookes Bros - Rework
Aphrodite - Come Again
Xample - Lowdown
TC & Scratch Perverts - Fuck What U Heard
Baron - At The Drive In
>>Die & Clipz - Work It Out (Dub)
Matrix & Danny J - Vertigo
Commix & Steve Spacek - How U Gonna Feel??
TC & Subfocus - Borrowed Time
>>Chase & Status - Druids
>>Swift - The One
>>Ed Rush & Optical - Alien Girl

LENGTH = 29mins 09secs

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist

Tracklist

>>ESS - Lifeline
Aphrodite - Come Again
Xample - Lowdown
Baron - At The Drive In
>>Swift - The One

LENGTH = 29mins 09secs

Big tune, soo deep. Hope you doing good mate. Wicked mix.

kevferris

I don't care you can be as critical as you like I'm withdrawing my set from the competition

Keyboard warriors lool

I'm sorry if i offended you. Nonetheless i feel there's no point saying "good mix", "great mix" or something vague and lie, do you know what i'm saying. As i have made loads of mixes given them to mates and barely get a thanks, never mind an opinion and i feel a proper opinion is worth more than someone saying "yeah it was good"...

$marty

Dexcell
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Big tune, soo deep. Hope you doing good mate. Wicked mix.

Cheers bruv. It's kinda reflecting on how i feel at the mo as everything is different for me. I'm just D/L-ing others entrants mix as theres lot's of good-looking mixes!!! Hope everyone else is cool and best of luck!!!

kevferris

Tracklist

>>ESS - Lifeline
Aphrodite - Come Again
Xample - Lowdown
Baron - At The Drive In
>>Swift - The One

LENGTH = 29mins 09secs

Hi,

Just listened to the mix, $marty, very good, though i felt there were some tiny slip ups near the start or, rather, it could've been a little tighter. For instance into the Commix - Japanese Electronics tune, but i think it was 'cause you'd done a tease and had less time to pitch it(?) But me, in these situations i would've stopped the mix and started it again, because it's only 5 or so minutes into it, or just not mixed in the ESS - Lifeline tease so that the 1st mix would've been perfect.

Personally i didn't like the tease into true romance because i felt it too was a tiny tiny bit out (i know it's kinda hard to mix this tune) and when it was about to drop i felt you should have let it kick over the other tune instead of hitting stop, but i realise you need time to mix the next tune in, but i just didn't feel it 'worked'.

Next mixes were really good and liked the Work It Out tease over At The Drive In -it sounded very good.

All-in-all very well mixed (y)!

(I'm being very picky/critical because this is a competition, but sorry if anyone feels my remarks to be too harsh). So far, i'm feeling coshh's mix the most (technically), but hope to try and listen and form an opinion on some others' mixes...

Sub-Standard

-NOIZE FROM OZ-
just uploading my mix now,..
ive got 9 tunes in half an hour of liquid / jump up..... if im gonna get flamed for not teasing the fuck throughout the mix then i dont see the point in entering, but ill put it up anyway to see whta ya's reckon...
levels on the last mix clipped a little bit but meh....

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
I don't think you have to mix 15/20/25 tunes in 30 minutes to sound good :)

I could do that but it's not giving the tunes any room to breath is it, when you've got a selection like mine it would be pointless for me to mix them quickly :)

I've always been taught quality not quantity you guys should really think about that before you bosh out a jump up set lol, I honestly don't care how fast you can mix

I fully agree, but I've always been known for my choice selection and long rolling mixes as opposed to my technical skills, in all my mixes.
Its cool if you can double drop several times, teases and whatnot skills, but it doesn't mean shit if the keys of your records clash and your selection doesn't work.

EDIT: This thread was specifically made for the submitting of 30 mixes. We will have judges for criticising the mixes at a later date. By all means, tell us which ones you like, but please don't be bending too many noses out of shape, I'll like this comp to be as friendly as possible. Thanks.

Last edited:

Sub-Standard

-NOIZE FROM OZ-
DJ FEDERAL - 30MIN - POLITE COMP MIX

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wumopr

1. High Contrast – Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
2. Die – Autumn (Commix Rmx)
3. London Elektricity – D&b Swindle (Logistics Rmx)
4. High Contrast – Metamorphisis
5. Shock One – Don’t You Know
6. Blue Sonix – Luv Me (Logistics Rmx)
7. Bachelors Of Science – Anytime She Goes Away
8. Marky & XRS – Moments Of Lust (Makoto Rmx)
9. Neyo – Back Like That (Marky & Bungle Rmx)

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist
just uploading my mix now,..
ive got 9 tunes in half an hour of liquid / jump up..... if im gonna get flamed for not teasing the fuck throughout the mix then i dont see the point in entering, but ill put it up anyway to see whta ya's reckon...
levels on the last mix clipped a little bit but meh....

You will not get gunned for anything mate. Just do you thing. If you read back you see no-one complained about lack of tunes initially, it was replies to quite the opposite.

Anyway this just brush that under the carpet and good luck with your entry mate.

EDIT: That track list is heavy, will check this when I get home from work.

Last edited:

DJ COSHH

VIP Junglist
I fully agree, but I've always been known for my choice selection and long rolling mixes as opposed to my technical skills, in all my mixes.
Its cool if you can double drop several times, teases and whatnot skills, but it doesn't mean shit if the keys of your records clash and your selection doesn't work.

EDIT: This thread was specifically made for the submitting of 30 mixes. We will have judges for criticising the mixes at a later date. By all means, tell us which ones you like, but please don't be bending too many noses out of shape, I'll like this comp to be as friendly as possible. Thanks.

Perhaps a tactical cleansing off the thread. leaving just the mixes, and allowing comments on the mixes to be made after the competition has finished or something. Would make it easier to download the mixes and keeps the thread nice and clean and tidy. Also removes a lot of comments that need not of been made in this thread.

Sub-Standard

-NOIZE FROM OZ-
You will not get gunned for anything mate. Just do you thing. If you read back you see no-one complained about lack of tunes initially, it was replies to quite the opposite.

Anyway this just brush that under the carpet and good luck with your entry mate.

EDIT: That track list is heavy, will check this when I get home from work.

nice one mate, d/l yours now.

ez federal

:banana:

DTR

the village idiot
VIP Junglist
This looks interesting! When I get home from work I'll upload something and download a few sets :D

kevferris

Sorry, i assumed this was the thread for dnbforum users to comment and give reviews on the applicants' mixes. I understand it shouldn't be a place for debating teases (for the record i wouldn't flame anyone who didn't tease, my point simply was that i feel someone who does teases etc is more likely to win) and long/short mixes. Why not have a thread specifically for users to review mixes. I mean like my reviews. Instead of saying good mix, actually analysing the mix briefly, saying good mix into, i liked the way the mix progressed, i liked the inclusion of..., i didn't like the sound of x tune with y tune etc

I think it's a good idea personally and i would prefer one in depth review of a mix even if it was negative than one punter just to say "good mix" which is pretty vague.

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
Righty ho, here's my submission. Not bothered about the comp, just wanted to brush something up for yous. Loads of deep bassy minimal bizniz.

http://download.yousendit.com/9D6FE438241BDDAA

128kbps
Length: 28.48
Tracklisting

1. DJ Shadow - Six Days (Bad Company RMX)
2. Doc Scott - Tokyo Dusk
3. Lomax - Blades Of Steel
4. Digital & Spirit - Phantom Force (T.Power & Codeine RMX)
5. Commix - If I Should Fall
6. Digital - Cheek
7. Rufige Kru - Infamous
8. Lomax - Profiler
9. Teebee, Mike Engine & Form - Postmodern

Enjoy :slayer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom