Submit your mixes for the DNBForum members mix comp here

Status
Not open for further replies.
First time posting a mix here goes...

1.pendulum - slam
2.shimon & moving fusion - mysterons(baron remix)
3.subfocus - swamp thing
4.xample - soundclash
5.die and clipz - climate change
6.modified motion & faction - bloody knuckles
7.die and clipz - work it out
8.die and ben westbeech - get closer(rockers)
9.EZ rollers - ready for love(clipz remix)
10.nine bar - stand up
11.total science - nosher(baron remix)
12.simon bassline smith - stories of the future

Total Time: 25.15
Equipment: 2 turntables and a Mixer + computer to record.

Happy Jump up mix Enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5DI0B4P5

Last edited:
Heres the tracklist...

White label - cant resit my love maybe??
twisted individual - Bandwagon Blues
Ray kieth - chopper
aphrodite - ganja man
shy fx t power - dont wanna know
distorted minds - ouch
Adam F ft Capone N Noreaga - Listen Here Dillinja remix
Technical itch - ruckus
Adam F & J Majik - Metrosound
Future cut? - Horns
Basement Jaxx vs Roni Size - Dancefloor mix
White label - Dub maybe?

Not sure on the first or last records there both white labels, and Ive never heard either dropped in a set before.

Give it a listen you wont be disappointed. Heavy double drops!

http://rapidshare.com/files/54617226/DJ_Viol8r.mp3

Respect!

crate digging rediscovery mix

1. DJ Crystl Mind games Good Looking
2. Roni size Olive miracle White
3. Sonar circle Us + them Reinforced
4. Optical rmx Blanket Talkin loud
5. Doc scott rmx shadow boxing 31 records
6. Johnny L The bells Piranha
7. Technical itch EKO Tech itch
8. Optical Bounce 31 records
9. Optical rmx simple man Ovum
10.Ed rush The Raven Metelheadz
11.Optical Data Life Ad Hoc
13.The spirit neurosis Fuze
14.Johnny L brother XL
15.A sides the 4th dragon Fuze
16.Johnny L intasound XL
17.Dylan + Damage House nation Outbreak
18.Kryptic minds Hide the tears Metelheadz

http://www.filefactory.com/file/3fdc7f/

10 pm Mondays www.krisisdnb.com

Heres the tracklist...

White label - cant resit my love maybe??
twisted individual - Bandwagon Blues
Ray kieth - chopper
aphrodite - ganja man
shy fx t power - dont wanna know
distorted minds - ouch
Adam F ft Capone N Noreaga - Listen Here Dillinja remix
Technical itch - ruckus
Adam F & J Majik - Metrosound
Future cut? - Horns
Basement Jaxx vs Roni Size - Dancefloor mix
White label - Dub maybe?

Not sure on the first or last records there both white labels, and Ive never heard either dropped in a set before.

Give it a listen you wont be disappointed. Heavy double drops!

http://rapidshare.com/files/54617226/DJ_Viol8r.mp3

Respect!

:idea:I know the first track is Cant Resist Jungle by Knowledge and Wisdom ft Melissa. Not sure about the last one though.:mkay:

ere ya go:

http://elav8.com/mixes/balance_sept07_mix.mp3

01. balance- back in the day
02. redeyes- when will it ever end
03. balance- changes
04. random movement- infinity
05. balance- safari
06. culture shock & brookes brothers- rework
07. subfocus- airplane
08. logistics- juno six
09. balance feat. ramz- firecracker
10. noisia- facade vip
11. culture shock- vice chase

O.U. that TL is Bad ass!!
every tune holds its weight

Edit: Beach! stop!

thanks

i'm a big believer of quality over quantity, it doesn't matter how many tunes you play in 30 minutes if they aren't good tunes

i'm not having a dig at the competition here, just noticed a trend within dnb where djs will mix really fast, only playing a small part of a tune

so i try to pick tunes that will stand the test of time and mix them sparingly

thanks

i'm a big believer of quality over quantity, it doesn't matter how many tunes you play in 30 minutes if they aren't good tunes

i'm not having a dig at the competition here, just noticed a trend within dnb where djs will mix really fast, only playing a small part of a tune

so i try to pick tunes that will stand the test of time and mix them sparingly

(y) Sounds good. I went for quantity this time round. If it's a monthly I shall probably vary, would be interesting to see the different responce on different styles of mix.

heres mine. i think you need a mix of quality and quantity. you gotta play them for just the right amount of time. if its played to long everyone is gonna get tired of the tune and if its too short your gonna feel like its just going to many different directions.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WD40OSUK

1. Dillinja - Valve Sound
2. The Streets - Has It Come To this (High Contrast Remix)
3. Technical Itch - The Rukus (Kryptic Minds Remix)
4. Aphrodite - The Rain
5. Ed Rush & Optical - Alien Girl
6. Sub Focus - Scarecrow
7. Aphrodite - Rock The Funky Beats
8. DJ Hype - Ready or Not
9. Mampi Swift - The One
10. Eminem - Stan (acapella)
11. Mampi Swift - Trippin
12. High Contrast - Love Sick
13. Calyx feat Gridlok - Dead Ringer
14. Kryptic Minds & Leon Switch - Turf War
15. Aphrodite - Jungle Brother
16. Shy Fx - Gunsmoke
17. Dillinja feat MC Skibadee - Twist Em Out
18. Bad Company - The Nine
19. Salmonella Dub - Ez On (Concorde Dawn Remix)
20. Kosheen - Hide You
21. Sub Focus - X Ray
22. Concord Dawn - T.N.T
23. TeeBee Vs Future Prophecies - Dimensional Entity (Evol Intent Remix)

Last edited:
Personally i feel you should be playing a lot of tunes, considering it's a 30 minute mix, though no discredit to anyone who doesn't do this. We're not all as good as dj friction or mampi and it does take a lot of skill to be able to pitch really quickly and accurately and not make it sound like a car crash...

Anyway first set i've listened to is Coshh's and it's pretty damn good. Really impressed with the tight mixing, good knowledge of his tunes and really good friction style quick mixing. I have to say even know it's the first mix i have heard from the competition i really can't see anyone bettering his.

Big up Coshh mate!

Will try and listen to a few others...

I don't think you have to mix 15/20/25 tunes in 30 minutes to sound good :)

I could do that but it's not giving the tunes any room to breath is it, when you've got a selection like mine it would be pointless for me to mix them quickly :)

I've always been taught quality not quantity you guys should really think about that before you bosh out a jump up set lol, I honestly don't care how fast you can mix

Also Mixes over 30 minutes give or take a couple minutes are not allowed

Last edited:
there is no problem with quick mixing as long as the tunes blend together properly.
there is only 30 minutes to show the listener what you can do as a dj.
u gotta prove urself in a short period of time.

I don't think you have to mix 15/20/25 tunes in 30 minutes to sound good :)

I could do that but it's not giving the tunes any room to breath is it, when you've got a selection like mine it would be pointless for me to mix them quickly :)

I've always been taught quality not quantity you guys should really think about that before you bosh out a jump up set lol, I honestly don't care how fast you can mix

Also Mixes over 30 minutes give or take a couple minutes are not allowed

I agree with DJ Akro. In such a short mix you should show your skills more, each to their own of course, and each person has their own opinion on the subject. Me personally i let tunes breathe because technically i can't mix quickly like andy c, friction or mampi swift - i'm not good enough. I have done mixes in the past with teases quick mixing etc, but realised i'm technically very average and have to simply stick within my limits.

There's nothing wrong with letting tunes breathe at all, all i'm saying is that someone who mixes quickly is open to more errors, and the judges surely would notice this sort of mix more than say someone else's whose mixing may be flawless but mixes very few tunes in the 30 minutes. Basically, look at dj competition's ie who's the best dj, the andy c/friction/mampi's of this world win it, therefore in this kind of dj competition surely the assumption is that the people that mix quick, double drops and are a bit different will win it!

I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone over the fast/slow mixes, but i don't agree with this quality vs quantity argument at all. Someone could do a 30 minute mix with 6 tracks and for me they could be all shit! Whereas dj x could do a mix of 15 tunes in 30 minutes and i could like every single one, so i never understand this argument as theres zillions of good dnb out there, just like there are zillions of crap dnb out there.

At the end of the day when you enter a competition, you enter -clearly- to win, therefore you have to ask yourself what will make me win the mix! And, in my opinion someone who mixes like mampi swift/friction etc would be more likely to win that someone who mixes like fabio.

Last edited:
If mixing fast is such a big thing for dnb DJs, why don't they take up turntablism lol

You can do all your special fast mixing and playing about with the tunes you want if you've got battle records

DnB has never been about fast mixing, it's about the quality of the music

Look at my tl:

Sci-Clone - 'Everywhere I Go' on Metalheadz
Influx Datum - 'Back For More' on Formation
Drumagick - 'Easyboom' on Sambaloco
Calibre - 'Easy On My Mind' on Signature
The Upbeats - 'Take Away Soul' on Project 51
Breakage - 'Clarendon' on Digital Soundboy
Alaska - 'Aerosoul' on Vibe'z

7 tunes, in 30 minutes. I didn't try to mix them quickly I just beat matched them that's all I have to do and let the tunes do the rest

Also let's talk about a thing called key, each tune is in a certain key, if you mix two tunes of a different key, it sounds bad. This happens a lot if you're mixing as many tunes as coshh is.

It just sounds rushed and unfinished

Rome wasn't built in a day

Last edited:
i somewhat agree depends on the tune, for example a tune like busted, beast city, or your chatting rubbish (to name a few) are too simple and need to be mixed through a little quicker then say a vocal tune or something a little more complex thoughout.

Can everyone just agree to disagree.

Comments have been made, and know getting responces. I feel it isn't really the thread to make comments in praise, or otherwise (Although all comments are taken on board and I appreciate the feedback). This is just the thread for the entries. Seems unfair to shrowd people's judgement. This will go on and on, and there is no need for banter. All I have done is entered. I shall listen to all the mixes and score which I think is best. There is no minimum or maximum amount of tunes per mix, you just do your thing.

Big up all the user which have entered, and good luck.

Last edited:
:word: Coshh

There is room in dnb for hyper mixing, and plain cold selection, always has been as far as I recall.

end of.

Hi O.U. just downloaded your mix

Few opinions -hope you don't think i'm too critical (and no i'll not mention the length of track time as you're playing liquid funk and you gotta let the tunes breathe on this type of dnb!)

Firstly i thought the first mix was a little out to begin with, it'd be no big deal on a live set, or the middle of a set, but as it's the first mix i really think you should make sure it is absolutely perfect, it wasn't that bad just a tiny bit out when it was coming in - i just always think you have to try and make the first mix near perfect as possible.

Second mix (into ez boom) personally i don't think these tunes sounded too good together, and the way you faded it out into the breakdown when the mix was ending didn't work for me. For me when i'm making mixes i end up going through tunes and say to myself no that doesn't sound good for me, i'll try another tune and this is what i thought about the mix into ez boom, ie that they just didn't sound well together.

Mixing was pretty decent i just felt that you could have chosen some different tunes to go together. I sort of liked the way the mix started off tune wise, but didn't like that direction into the minimal type liquid you played from the calibre tune onward, (but maybe i am biased as i am not a fan of breakage, or the kind of dnb dj flight plays). I just thought it was a bit boring tune wise from the calibre track onwards and a bit dead. But each to his own, you may really dig these tunes. All in all a decent mix... and sorry if i'm a little critical :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom