Submerged by Symbiosis

I like it! I'd probably put the drum loop a little higher in the mix and make it a little bassier but that's just me :)(y)

Thanks for the good feedback Polymer!. After posting that I started having second thoughts about the whole "subtle mix" thing. So I got a little more aggressive with the limiter and that brought the breaks forward a little bit. Getting it bassier was a little harder, I probably made it too boomy. I'm gonna listen to the mixes a few more times then upload it once I'm convinced I'm happy with it lol.

Nice soothing intro, but also the rest I found myself drifting away and headnodding on the tune haha. The drum pattern and in and outcoming sounds of trumpets etc is very attractive imo, great tune!

Nice one, has some really nice elements to it but I think the drums are actually throwing me off, maybe the cymbal or something? It's too abrasive for the melodic aspect of the song IMO.
Have you thought about adding a shaker line or something too to keep things moving a bit more?

Nice one, has some really nice elements to it but I think the drums are actually throwing me off, maybe the cymbal or something? It's too abrasive for the melodic aspect of the song IMO.
Have you thought about adding a shaker line or something too to keep things moving a bit more?

I hear ya Kolendo. I've been obsessing over the drums and at times I've thought about simplifying it and getting rid of the syncopated breaks, but I think what's stopping me is the fact that I actually sequenced the breaks (except for the high passed loop just before the main drop) and that was hard bloody work! The original mix was much more subtle and had the breaks more in the back ground but it made the tune less drum and bassy and more "moods" like lol I think I'll leave it for now and maybe come back to it later. Cheers for taking the time to listen and give feedback! (y)

Back
Top Bottom