SuBKA - Atheist (Original Mix | Jump Up DNB)

SuBKA

It's not bad but it isn't amazing either.. Your drums are pretty weak. They're very minimal for a track like this and a nice bit of percussion wouldn't go a miss. The snare needs multiple layers maybe 3 or 4 snare sounds catering for different areas frequencies and some compression to meld them all together. There's no real drive to them and jump up must have some punchy drums. The intro is pretty lacklustre as well so work on that, not really feeling that piano. The synth work however if where it sounds ok whilst it could do with some work itself. Maybe try resampling and altering it every time to get it as full bodied and as crunchy as the heart desires.

I'm sorry that I've just been pretty harsh with the track but good sound comes with time and direction and I hope I may have done that without being an arse. Keep at it though you could turn this one into a head nodder yet.

Sammy T

Thanks man, no problem, I really appreciate it! :)
But I'd like to know what you exactly mean with this resampling thing. :)

Also, how can I make my future intros more creative and "feelable". I always struggle with making an intro that contains more than one instrument at a time without sounding weird and not fitting.

Last edited:
All of your sounds sound very dry, try whacking some FX on them and perhaps automate it! I'm thinking of that piano in particular. The track could also benefit for some raises and downsweeps to give the drops and breakdowns some impact. The structure of the tune is working well tho! Keep working and you will get there :)

thanks man, I already use automation clips, guess if I want things to sound more wet I'll play around with slight reverb and some filters. :)

Resampling is a technique in which you make alterations to some audio e.g. your bass sound. You then bounce that out to get it's own audio file then continue to process the sound further. Whether it be beefing up the sound by messing with compression or EQ or whether you want to add FX thats up to you. This process can be done several times over to create the sound you really want. There is no rules to it but it can really help get a fuller sound in all the elements you use.

A video like this can show exactly what I mean - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adVX6XGsY-o

Intros even I struggle with sometimes, there is no real advice I can give you on that one other than, make sure it makes sense to the 'drop' of the track. It's another thing that will come with time.

Back
Top Bottom