subclash - LSD // Titanium White

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by groelle, Oct 6, 2010.

1. groelle

groelle Well-Known Member

got 2 new clips up on the soundcloud!

would looove feedback, regardless if positive or negative.

first one, LSD, is our little beatles tribute on a dancefloor vibe:

and the second one is more on the liquid tip, with some atmosperic vocal work and a bob ross sample :D

have fun guys. and listen to our 2 forthcoming tunes on extent vip if you havent already ;)

nice one and big ups the dnbforum production crew ;)

2. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

They're both sounding pretty solid there. Not 100% convinced on the blatant side-chaining in the first. Certainly drives along but....? The second has good bits, but comes across like a loop, the variations are there, but a loop none the less.
    Still well listenable , both.

3. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

I like the second much more than the first one. Very ambient and chilled out. Nice pad work and good use of vocal hits.

BTW, hows the box remix going mate?

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I just really like the song. It sound all around solid to me(as in any imperfections I would not notice). More importantly if I heard the song at a club I would get excited.

5. djdevz

djdevz Member

i like the 2nd track as well out of the .. 3 tracks?

some good productions..but loving the atmos vox in the 2nd
    1st tracks a lil repetitive and a tad too much use of sidechaining..if there was a lil more variation and more subtlety about the sidechhaining it would sound sweet

:)

6. groelle

thanks guys :) appreciated!

we wrote the first one something like one and a half year ago, and everything we knew about music production was how to sidechain :D :D - and we never changed that ;) but thanks for your thoughts nonetheless!!

with the box remix. dunno. think ill have to restart. was without monitors for the last couple of weeks. will keep you informed tho ;)

big ups!

7. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

first one is too repeptetive, dnt think the melody works for the bassline! good elements just not feelin the track as a whole.

2nd one is good but i agree with sublime it sounds like a loop just with slightly different piano melodies.

i like the one being released on extent vip, deep!

8. groelle

thanks for the feedback everyone :)

think well have to put more risers and little breaks into titanium white then me thinks. first time we did 4 bar patterns for drums and its still too loopy for you :D can see where youre coming from tho.
    and btw evez, theres no piano this time ;) only this old schooly pad, a cello and a xylophone :)

9. EvezDroppin

EvezDroppin how to change name,......

yeh i never know what to call the instruments, piano is just a generalisation :p

10. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

wasnt really feeling the first 2 personally, they didnt really have a depth that i could vibe to, but i think thats just me. 3rd one is very nice tho, lovely effects and such.

11. groelle

yehh mate ^^^ you dont need ton know that when making dnb tbh. :D

and thanks lucid ;) - and yeah, the first two are more dancefloor orientated and especially lsd is more or less our first attempt at making dancey stuff :D
    glad you like fond of atlantis tho :) pretty excited about how it will sound when its mastered!

cheers guys

12. groelle

13. Protoplasym

Protoplasym Nuskool

"LSD" - Overall not my cup. PROD sounds solid on the PERC. One thing though is that I didn't hear any Sub. I've got the volume at middle on my cheap Comp speaks and I'm not hearing any Bass. If it's there, then pardon moi. I just checked it out in the Headphones and I hear the Sub... so nevermind.

"Titanium White" - I like the offpatterned PERC. The Bell is fun... the Organ Lead thing is cool but I wish you'd play with the Filter Cutoff on that patch to liven up the riff a lil bit. The Vocal is trippy and the accompanying Leadwork works well for me. The Organ Lead is really starting to wear thin by 1:30ish though... I wish there was some simple Mod on it to keep it alive.

I'd love to play with these sounds and make this tune Darker : )

"2 forthcoming tunes" - This sounds familiar... I remember this watery sound. Deep liquidy sounding tune... the PERC doesn't do enough imo... no fillwork or creative edits from what I can hear. Solid PROD.

14. groelle

thanks for the in depth feedback mate, much appreciated!!! :)