subclash - lil' japan (liquid'ish)

i quite like it and the bass especially. i think the pads/vocals whatever they are after the drop are a bit too loud, kinda drowns out the bass and other things.
like the switch up at 2:10.. them bongos or whatever they are.
the intro with the synth was a bit long winded i though.. and the chords used with the synth at the start could have given more feeling if u get me?!
overall tho i like

what do you mean by long winded? and what synth do you mean? the one thats in there right from the start?

thanks for the in depth feedback tho mate! glad you liked it!

by long winded i just mean it was a bit plain listenin to the same arrangement for 40 seconds, yeah right from the start.. maybe its not a synth? but the one playing the melody while the piano (whatever instrument ) is playing the chords!

Yeh its a nice laidback tune, the bass works well when it drops proper liquidy. Theres somethin not quite workin witht he kick, think its just not quite punchy enough for me, but then thats me! The levels of everything could do with a check because it doesnt quite gel like it should, apart from that good tune man.

thanks for your thoughts guys ^^^ - spent quite some time adjusting the levels and thought we had it right :D - the kick was pretty hard to adjust as the bassline sits quite high frequency wise.

thanks for the honesty guys!!

On first listen I'd have to agree with the comments about both the kick and the snare. They both sound quite seperate from the rest of the drums, and over-all in the mix like they don't quite sit right.

Song is wicked tho. Like it. Nice atmosphere, with the vocals working well.

Easy, Im feelin it man! love the hook and the drum arrangement, I would maybe Put a higher layer on the main kick and snaire or just push the trebble on them induvidualy. But thats just my opinion, Other than that its a great tune!

Plus i listened to all your other bits, You have a really nice style exellent ideas and arrangement i just feel your drums are letting your tracks down if you can get that sorted you are going to be unstoppable mate!!!

Big ups!

Last edited:
thanks for the feedback guys ^^ really appreciated!!

and its two of us count ;)

think well have to spend more time on our drums then, maybe you got some advice for us on how to improve them further?
big ups tho, and thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom