sub zero ep

This is gonna be a fat EP man, I'd say the first 3 tracks are all 99% likely to be on the EP, not 100% on that last one though

There's another track he's done on a more liquid jungle kinda tip which might turn up

To be honest, I think this guy deserves some serious big ups because since the G-Dub split it's been all about Original Sin and I'm sure a lot of people half expected Jake to just disappear for good but he's come back with his own defined sound and style and he's absolutely smashing it in my opinion

Prouction is of a very high standard as well, I'm sure that cannot have been the issue behind the G-Dub split unless Jake really upped his game after that

Either way, right now he is on ittt.

Big Upz to him looking forward to the EP.

yeah i rate sub zero a lot probably more than original sin, only ever liked dont be silly and dayz from original sin apart from that i dont like his production dont know why as most people seem to rate im..... Really feeling murder sound though but i swear its changed a bit from the version hazard plays, heard this happen to a lot of tracks on playaz before they come out.....

yeah i rate sub zero a lot probably more than original sin, only ever liked dont be silly and dayz from original sin apart from that i dont like his production dont know why as most people seem to rate im..... Really feeling murder sound though but i swear its changed a bit from the version hazard plays, heard this happen to a lot of tracks on playaz before they come out.....

i think sometimes hype asks them to touch it up a bit more. i remember seeing something about hype not liking taxmans old version of original ninja so he changed it. but otherwise its just cos subzero prob hasnt fully finished the tune when he sends it out to the other djs

but anyway definitely getting this

That's because the versions played long before release are often unfinished, and when things are being finished they often change ... not always for the better unfortunately ...

Feeling 3 out of 4 of these, he could well get bigger than OS.

I don't want to hear that synth from 3rd Degree Gurns/Shiners/Spin Doc/Motion in another tune though or else I will get quite upset.

Im the same as Joey on this.. all the tracks are fukin killaz.

Really looking forward to getting this.. I think i heard that the EP is out in march? anyone wanna confirm? :wave:

LOL... i just listened to 'Ooh Baby' and hype did say March but well have to see.

Last edited:
That's because the versions played long before release are often unfinished, and when things are being finished they often change ... not always for the better unfortunately ...

yeah was thinking hype musta asked the producers to make em appeal to the majority a bit more! was thinking original ninja actually, that hazard track up to no good think it was called?

was speaking to jaydan @ in the sun and it sounded like hype does have alot to say on what happens wiv tunes, fair enough i suppose if they're coming out on his label

was speaking to jaydan @ in the sun and it sounded like hype does have alot to say on what happens wiv tunes, fair enough i suppose if they're coming out on his label

Yeah I think it's fair man

But I wouldn't believe that every change made to a tune that comes out of the Playaz camp is because Hype asked for it to be that way, a lot of the time it's just producers finishing off tunes the way they like

Hazard does this a lot

I don't think Hype would ever actively encourage a tune to be changed to appeal more to the masses, that's never been what it's all about to him and good on him for it

Yeah I think it's fair man

But I wouldn't believe that every change made to a tune that comes out of the Playaz camp is because Hype asked for it to be that way, a lot of the time it's just producers finishing off tunes the way they like
Hazard does this a lot

I don't think Hype would ever actively encourage a tune to be changed to appeal more to the masses, that's never been what it's all about to him and good on him for it

oh yeah of course not mate, he may just feel theres room for improvement, sometimes its good as it gives an old tune a revamp but other times its bad but its all down to personal taste at the end of the day, like wiv up 2 no good i much prefer the new version whereas u prefer the old 1

Last edited:
oh yeah of course not mate, he may just feel theres room for improvement, sometimes its good as it gives an old tune a revamp but other times its bad but its all down to personal taste at the end of the day, like wiv up 2 no good i much prefer the new version whereas u prefer the old 1

Haha I do indeed mate, wondering if that one will see the light of day this year, I'm not sure to be honest lol

Personally I'd love to have Hype as my label boss! It sounds like the artists on the label have a lot of freedom to do whatever they please music wise which will always bring about the best work! And it also sounds like he's not afraid to tell you something is shit when it is which is not a bad thing! Also he seems to stick to his personal tatses which I respect, i.e. not playing Driller Killer in his sets when it was the title track of an EP which came out on one of his labels, yet he's still willing to respect that other people like it and put it out!

Big upz Mr Hype

You gotta give credit to Playaz for releasing endless quality material, the amount we've had in the last few months from them is huge. Liking the tunes, should be one to look forward to.

Back
Top Bottom