Sub Zero - Bi Polar EP - Playaz

TheNitwits

VIP Junglist
artworks-000018898968-9176pc-crop.jpg

Playaz are starting the New Year with the best that Drum and Bass can offer by bringing you the long awaited Bi Polar EP from Playaz veteran Sub Zero. Stepping outside musical boundaries and shattering any illusions that his production style is nothing more than ferocious jump up, Sub Zero’s creativity has grown and developed within the Bi Polar EP highlighting his envious skills at producing timeless Drum and Bass.
Each of the six tracks takes you on a journey through the spectrum of D&B, displaying varying styles from calm and collected liquid to his trade mark rolling beats which have received critical acclaim from those DJs who were lucky enough to get their hands on exclusive copies.
The powerful Why Can’t You See, a collaboration with up and coming producer Supreme Being and featuring the vocal delights of Grimm, captivates the listener with the opening dramatic milieu before launching full throttle into a vocal laden dance floor smasher. Protection and Broken Me both demonstrate a hauntingly beautiful style of production, stripped back to a smooth rolling beat and infusing passionate vocals.
Your Flex and Run N Hide revert back to Sub Zero’s signature bouncy kick beat making them certified club classics from the outset. These dark and animated rollers add a lively tempo to the Bi Polar EP and complete the musical antithesis. The Jungle inspired Clash only further adds to the juxtaposition of heavy and liquid Drum and Bass which makes it exactly that: the Bi Polar EP.

Released by: Playaz Recordings
Release/catalogue number: PLAYAZ022
Release date: Feb 27, 2012

The whole EP is sounding very good overall. Actually can't wait to get my hands on it tbh...

Good EP, but I'm only gonna bag Protection for now. What a tune. Rest is not really my style, so I will spend the money on other releases that I want more, but some good stuff on there, for sure.

I just listened to 'protection' and 'broken me' again... I think that I might have to get this on vinyl, definitely one for the collection...

Back
Top Bottom