Sub with mid ?

John7

CFC!
Firstly i'd like to say hi to everyone , i'm new to the forum and have been mixing for over ten years but a couple of months ago decided to give producing a go .

I heard and read that FL studio is very user friendly so after downloading a demo and watchin youtube vids i decided to buy Fl 10 and am now making simple beats :)
My question is though , if I make a mid bass do i need a low end sub with it aswell ?
I'm trying to make jump up but some jump up i play doesn't seem like there is much if any low end in it and am finding it a bit confusing.

you don't need to have low-end in your mids, but you do need low-end in your tune.

hence the name drum and BASS

Also i have just bought a keyboard for my Macintosh book but cant connect it ?? it only has a 3 pin plug , any help without laughing would be appreciated .Thanks

Also i have just bought a keyboard for my Macintosh book but cant connect it ?? it only has a 3 pin plug , any help without laughing would be appreciated .Thanks

you need a midi to usb cable mate you can get them pretty cheap

- - - Updated - - -

also in response to your original question, not sure how much EQing/synthesis you've done already but basically you make your main bass in a synth, and then you want a separate sub to layer on top of that generally playing the same notes. for a sub just use a couple sine waves pitched down two octaves, then use eq to cut out the sub frequencies on the main bass so they dont clash with the sub. hope that helps a bit

Back
Top Bottom