Sub Section

After listening to them, unscrewing my face and wiping away a solitary salty nostalgic tear I began to wonder, well, what the fuck happened?
Such a way with words mate. Loved it.

Funnily enough I've thought about writing a similar article myself not so long ago, I've even started it but haven't come back to it yet. And just for the record, I agree (and the same applies for the current state of deep drum & bass imo).

Such a way with words mate. Loved it.

Haha, cheers buddy

Funnily enough I've thought about writing a similar article myself not so long ago, I've even started it but haven't come back to it yet. And just for the record, I agree (and the same applies for the current state of deep drum & bass imo).

Neuro for me has kinda gonna downhill in the way jump up has. All just sounds a bit lifeless and far too samey

I think "Neuro" is in a worse place than the deep stuff.
Mainly because as Wanye so rightly put it...when you chuck all but the kitchen sink your left with a fucked up kitchen. A lot of the stuff released just sounds awfully messy...well produced but no real musical element to it. Just an amalgamation of sounds put together.

i opened this article expecting it to make me a little bit angry...

but nope... i agree with pretty much everything you said.

aside from slating the word itself... i've always loved it.

Far too much stuff now that sounds like it just came straight out the back of a macbook. Which obviously much of it does but there seems to be so much emphasis on clinical, loud, tidy mixdowns and almost none on groove, attitude and vibes which is what made the original Virus stuff so good. Listen to the way Optical made those breaks roll, you can spot a classic Optical tune a mile off because of those twisted grooves and the sounds they created were just fucking rude and made your jaw drop. It's a lot more contrived and tryhard sounding now.

Great read Wanye, I think what made tracks stand out more than they do nowadays *old people rant* that there was an element of funk or soul in those tunes, it might even just be a snippet of a classic break or a lil riff before a tear off b-line that used to make the tune, I haven't heard that in years, but I guess things move on, But as always less is more if done right, and it does make a difference, Me being a listener/consumer of dnb i couldnt give a fuck if its made on 455 daws on macbook pro made some hipster high on latte's, well actually i would

Great read Wanye, I think what made tracks stand out more than they do nowadays *old people rant* that there was an element of funk or soul in those tunes, it might even just be a snippet of a classic break or a lil riff before a tear off b-line that used to make the tune, I haven't heard that in years, but I guess things move on, But as always less is more if done right, and it does make a difference, Me being a listener/consumer of dnb i couldnt give a fuck if its made on 455 daws on macbook pro made some hipster high on latte's, well actually i would

It's all too clean and clinical..... There's no raw elements in the music now

that's because people are obsessed with getting the cleanest mixdowns as possible

I cant seem to read it ive tried on 2 different computers and it wouldnt load on any anyway,

Out of the 3 main drum & bass sub genres i find it amusing you pick out neurofunk to criticize. I think its the only one of the 3 sub genres thats not failling at the moment to be honest. It's the only one thats kept its backbone, Im interested to hear what you find to be failling with Neurofunk

I cant seem to read it ive tried on 2 different computers and it wouldnt load on any anyway,

Out of the 3 main drum & bass sub genres i find it amusing you pick out neurofunk to criticize. I think its the only one of the 3 sub genres thats not failling at the moment to be honest. It's the only one thats kept its backbone, Im interested to hear what you find to be failling with Neurofunk

i find it amusing you can give an opinion on something you havent read

Once again the man somehow says what we're all thinking, and says it with style.

People that actually go out and experience the scene; go to drum & bass nights regularly, will get what Wayne is talking about - as we can see (hear) it happening as well

Is there a link to all the sub sections you've written mate? Or does the blogspot just update automatically with your latest piece?

Back
Top Bottom