sub genres

danupsher

bit of a random question. but what sub genre is watermelon - ed rush and optical?

Is there a definative way of distinguishing between subgenres because theres the obvious ones, and them some that i get stuck with, im assuming this is jump up, but it just isnt as mad as some jump up ive heard.

edit: and Calibre - Suddenly, what is that? i need someone to teach me how to tell what sub-genre tunes are lol.

attack remix - hype and zinc?
evac q 8 - hazard?

Last edited:
bit of a random question. but what sub genre is watermelon - ed rush and optical?

Is there a definative way of distinguishing between subgenres because theres the obvious ones, and them some that i get stuck with, im assuming this is jump up, but it just isnt as mad as some jump up ive heard.

edit: and Calibre - Suddenly, what is that? i need someone to teach me how to tell what sub-genre tunes are lol.

techstep/neurofunk for Ed Rush & Optical.

Calibre is more regarded as liquid funk. But it's all Drum and Bass. (y)

you could probably tell them apart because Ed Rush & Op are quite dark with heavy bass and hard drums. Calibre uses more pianos and softer drums- gives it a more soulful feel.

Last edited:
Bus.jpg

step.jpg

yeh true good music is good music and i for 1 love breaking down genre barriers and mixing up different styles of music and even including non DnB in my sets etc but the geeza asked a question so i gave him an answer.. maybe he wanted to look for other music of a similar style??

The problem with sub-genre's are that they're innevitable.

High Contrast's If We Ever and Limewax's One of Them are both drum & bass but they're totally different.

The subgenre's help not only the artists to carve out a 'new sound' but for others to follow that sound and they know what to ask for when they go into a record shop, or are having a conversation.

What I do hate is the stigma that goes with all of these subgenre's - 'only goth's like techstep', only idiots like 'jump up' 'anyone with any real brains likes paradox' etc.

Back
Top Bottom