Sub Focus

Shelf Boy

I know this this is going to raise some eye brows, but is it just me who thinks that Sub Focus is a touch over rated? I know technically is music is good but I am just not feeling his sound, just wondering what you guys think?

ithink the ....... foxy fanny battered thonged up nympho maniac pear boobied 06 ozzy bikini champ with her foot stuck in a bear trap in the middle of the bush ........in the 1 liner thread story in the waffle section is more interesting than who loves or hates a sound ...sorry man blame the ....... foxy fanny battered thonged up nympho maniac pear boobied 06 ozzy bikini champ with her foot stuck in a bear trap in the middle of the bush ........
:lol_board :oscar: o_O :D :mrpanic: :who_wants ;) (y)

I love his sound, but know a few who don't ... they seem to be frm across the board of d'n'b themselves too.

:i_love_co hes changin his tune on ram raderz 6 is so diffrent 2 his new shit

hes off key i like that but i dont much like jump up ne more

like i already said in another thread...he is the biggest sellin artist in dnb.so he must b doin sumin right.in my personal opinion i love his tunes.his mixdowns are spot on and his beats are nice n full.also he aint to cheesey (y)

He's very hit and miss imo. Some of his stuff is fine (Aliens Remix and Strobe being two good 'uns), and some of his stuff is terrible (Airplane and Ghost being two bad 'uns).
But same as any producer, if they have a certain sound you will either generally like it or not like it, despite whether there are a couple of tracks that stand out. Try not to concentrate on someone's sound or style, and just listen to the individual tracks.
Whether someone is overrated or not really shouldn't matter if you like or dislike their tracks. Then there would be no need for threads like this (y)

Like others have hinted at. Subfocus' technical ability is immense. So much so, that Ed Rush & Optical have actually asked him to do the mix down on some of their beats. Considering that Optical did alot of that back in the day, I think he's on to a winner there.
So I reckon if Ed Rush n Optical can have some influence it will be for the better,

imagine that

"Brain Liquidiser:chainsaw:"
by Ed rush Subfocus and Optical
:hagglers:

the thing that i really like about Sub-focus's production is that it's always really accessible, what i mean is that from whatever walk of DnB you can cram a Sub-focus tune into your set and it wont seem out of place. although most of his tunes don't stand out in a sort of "Wow, it's that Sub-focus tune!!" way they are useful as a gap filler or from transcending from the jump-up chavstep sort of stuff to the harder part of your set.

Not being funny, but if he's on Ram then well in for earning Andy C's respect!

I know this this is going to raise some eye brows, but is it just me who thinks that Sub Focus is a touch over rated? I know technically is music is good but I am just not feeling his sound, just wondering what you guys think?

dont like his style..boys talented...end of..

And i liked Airplane....in the context of electronic music as a whole (ie. the world outside dnb) that tune had something nice going on!

Those who slate airplane i feel are listening to it in the wrong context.

It's not a dancefloor smashing, but in terms of listening pleasure at home or somewhere non intense, its one of his finest moments in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom