Sub focus - smooth

Had listen to this

Its alright, nothing amazing to be honest. Can see why its been given away as a free download. Nice little liquidy roller

I want STOMPPPPP :(

Didn't even hear it on Friday :(

And I was convinced if Sub Focus didn't play it then Andy would but alas ...

Where's Views at? We need videos of Friday!

Splash got played on friday by Xample & Lomax and it sounded DIRT! People moaned about that tune saying it was boring but it was far from it at Ram. Sounded large

I think that re-edit was an Andy spesh, i spoke to Saul from C&S about a year ago and they said they do special edits of the non D&B tunes for him to play out (D&B intros, dubstep tune for example, then D&B outro) and keep the set consistent

Andy edits most of his Dnb tunes also. Shortens some intros and occasionally takes 16 out of the middle section.

Andy edits most of his Dnb tunes also. Shortens some intros and occasionally takes 16 out of the middle section.

I think that's a little bit cheeky in some cases, because tunes which are a little bit more difficult to mix can be made easier (extra bars taken out etc.), or tunes which don't have an obvious cueing point mid intro can be shortened so that the first beat is just one phrase away from the drop

I can understand why he does it but for those of us at home, we have to try and make do which isn't always easy ...

Guess it would just be nice to believe he has no advantage on the decks over anyone else, before the records are even spinning ...

I think that's a little bit cheeky in some cases, because tunes which are a little bit more difficult to mix can be made easier (extra bars taken out etc.), or tunes which don't have an obvious cueing point mid intro can be shortened so that the first beat is just one phrase away from the drop

I can understand why he does it but for those of us at home, we have to try and make do which isn't always easy ...

Guess it would just be nice to believe he has no advantage on the decks over anyone else, before the records are even spinning ...

if anything it makes it harder/adds more pressure as the phrases are shorter, so in theory he has half the time to mix them in compared to us regular joe blogs.

kinda agree about tunes which have no 'obvious' cue point, but then it it's just a matter of knowing your tunes inside out.

add to the fact that i've seen him cue up stuff (countless times now) 8 bars before the drop (which i find hard enough to cue up 'normally'), mix it (lock it) and just switch the mix, ride it out whilst bringing in another tune 8 bars before the drop and repeat all night for 3/4 hours at a time.

actually getting pretty sick of seeing him do it now as it makes me feel ill.

if anything it makes it harder/adds more pressure as the phrases are shorter, so in theory he has half the time to mix them in compared to us regular joe blogs.

kinda agree about tunes which have no 'obvious' cue point, but then it it's just a matter of knowing your tunes inside out.

add to the fact that i've seen him cue up stuff (countless times now) 8 bars before the drop (which i find hard enough to cue up 'normally'), mix it (lock it) and just switch the mix, ride it out whilst bringing in another tune 8 bars before the drop and repeat all night for 3/4 hours at a time.

actually getting pretty sick of seeing him do it now as it makes me feel ill.

He makes me wanna puke on my ankle. In a good way

i was considering offering him money so i could suck him on friday night. it's got to that point....

Woh, that tune is in fact immense ; here's the story :

I was at a friend's flat tonight drinking too much whisky as always but well I just got back home (was walking, he lives in the nearest village) a few minutes ago and there's storm and the wind is blowing really strong.. I was listening to 'Smooth' watching the flash of lightening while walking ; that was purely amazing.

Good night btw.

He does it purely for his style of DJing. Most his intros will be edited to 32 bars and depending on how many Phrases are in the main section (ie - if its slightly longer - eg - Chubrub has an extra 16 which he chopped from the middle section to then cut to plate) making it a straight 64 bar/4 phrase middle section. The release has 76 bar/5 Phrase. It just makes it easier for his sets to flow. He edited the first 32 off of the start of Disco Dodo - which he didn't need.

Another benefit of shortening intros to 32 for DJing purposes is that if you need to cue up, mix and drop your next tune in within a 16 bar time frame - its not to hard to spin the tune forward to find the 16 bar cue point - like what Andy does alot of the time.

Back
Top Bottom