Sub Focus on his next album

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
http://www.kmag.co.uk/editorial/features/sub-focus-interview-0510

Have you got any plans for a second album yet?

I've got a few things set aside for the next album but no finished tracks yet. It's very early days. I'm reluctant to say I'm working on it because it's something I'll be working on towards the end of this year. I'm not going to talk about when it's coming out or anything like that for a long time yet.

I'm definitely going to be testing out new material during my live sets in the summer. I'm taking my live set-up to Glastonbury, Global Gathering and Bestival and I'll have some new material to test out there that you'll only be able to hear there so if you're out there and want to come and check some new tunes then come to those shows.

What would you want to do differently on the next album?

I just want to continue developing some of the house and dubstep ideas I've got on the go and continue developing in different ways. Incorporating more vocals into my tracks is something I want to do more on the second album. I want it to be a slightly less clubby album because I felt like it was necessary to put a lot of underground club tracks that people knew me for. Now I feel quite free to experiment on the next one. It will be more out there and more of a journey.

Sub Focus feat Dappy? :lol:

Like anyone should be surprised by what he said!

He's going beyond the D&B scene now. He doesnt give a fuck what people on forums and message boards say about him. He's just gonna go and make the music he wants to now. Good luck to him i say.....

fair enuff for him makin what he want but it better not be released on a dnb label considering he only mentions house and dubstep

Meh.

Its funny, I never got the hype with Sub Focus, so don't really care in which direction he's taking his shit.

Only ever rated 2 tunes - Druggy & X-Ray.

Heard him play a couple of v.good sets when he first blew up @ Warning, he's a good DJ & obviously has lots of technical ability with his productions, just never rated many of them.

Meh.

Its funny, I never got the hype with Sub Focus, so don't really care in which direction he's taking his shit.

Only ever rated 2 tunes - Druggy & X-Ray.

Heard him play a couple of v.good sets when he first blew up @ Warning, he's a good DJ & obviously has lots of technical ability with his productions, just never rated many of them.

Nick was a sick fucking DJ a few years ago when he was using vinyl. His dj set over the past 18 months has just been his essential mix in a different order, which is fucking boring now

I'm gutted there may be no more nights out listening for the new Sub Focus dub and his days of making tunes like Scarecrow might be over but he's gonna be the next to blow up and i cant diss him for it. Guy has made so many sick tunes, i'll just kick back and listen to those if he does go the way of Pendulum (who's new album is fucking shit)

So essentially, we gotta wait another 4 years to hear some mediocre tunes that will have been rinsed to death.

Only thing that i rated was could this be real/tripple x

And that wasn't even on the album lp

yeah if he described his first album as "underground club tracks" then who knows what this one is gonna be like

oh yeah and he is on sony BMG for the next album.

Back
Top Bottom