SUB FOCUS CD ALBUM ANNOUNCED (OCTOBER)

Yes for true dnb heads and no for the half arsed dnb heads (i'm sure you know what i mean by that), i doubt a majority of the half arsed drum n bass heads even know this album will have been 2 years in the making and day by day getting shitter! They will just be like 'Woah, a new drum and bass CD.. Maybe it's like against all odds!?' and then buy it.
I haven't heard over half the tracks on there. Sub Focus hasn't gone horribly cheesy like Chase & Status, I don't see what's stopping most people from getting this album.

Sure it's hype, but it's not like RAM Records put its ads into every channel and poster. We hype it ourselves, and we decide it's lame before even listening to it, is it?

I kind of get your point. This album would have been more awesome if the tracks from it hadn't been released or rinsed. It still doesn't take away from the quality though.

If I want a bad DnB CD, I can always pop in More Than Alot.

This is gonna be a solid album from a quality drum and bass producer, end of.

Anyone who disagrees is stupid.

And people are forgetting we haven't even heard four of the tracks on it yet!

:lol:

He should have made it a double CD. That way he could shove all the songs we know and love (or hate) on 1 CD and have another CD of entirely new material featuring his house and dubstep pieces

Having said that, a double CD would have taken him another 4-5 years to complete

I know it's Off-Topic, but my memory fails me.
Was Logistics' debut double CD (Now More Than Ever) mostly filled with released tracks, like this one?

Serious question, I'm not sarcastic here. :)

Yes for true dnb heads and no for the half arsed dnb heads (i'm sure you know what i mean by that), i doubt a majority of the half arsed drum n bass heads even know this album will have been 2 years in the making and day by day getting shitter! They will just be like 'Woah, a new drum and bass CD.. Maybe it's like against all odds!?' and then buy it.

that reminds me of my mate.

u go in his car he has more than alot, hold your colour, hype essentials, and noisia live at fabric

*embarressedface*

loser

:lol:

He should have made it a double CD. That way he could shove all the songs we know and love (or hate) on 1 CD and have another CD of entirely new material featuring his house and dubstep pieces

Not the worst idea I've ever heard

I feel like the importance of brand new material in dnb is becoming more and more priceless, because if people like something leading up to its release they just rinse the fuck out of it on youtube or something so that by the time it comes out they're bored it

I've got high hopes for this "Last Jungle" track, which is as far as I know the only dnb track on the album which I haven't heard yet. It's such a shame Stomp didn't make it because the latest version is very fresh compared to what's on the album, and it would have been the only really gritty jump up kinda tune to feature which would have tied in well with the rest of the album

Never mind, still a solid cd in my opinion, the day a RAM artist releases an album where 75%+ of the tunes on it haven't been rinsed by it's release date ... well ... it'll just never happen.

I know it's Off-Topic, but my memory fails me.
Was Logistics' debut double CD (Now More Than Ever) mostly filled with released tracks, like this one?

Serious question, I'm not sarcastic here. :)

Either way, Logistics isn't Sub Focus, and he isn't signed to Ram, and if my memory serves me correctly most of the tunes on that album are of the same ilk in that they're pretty liquidy roll out kinda tunes, which are never gonna be played as much across the scene as anything Sub Focus puts out, so they're still gonna be relatively fresh by the time they're actually released

I for one cannot wait for this, you lot go an see top name dj's every week so if the tunes have all been rinsed its kind of your own fault. Try going to smaller nights where the djs dont have all the latest dubs etc an any new tune that comes out wont be rinsed. I can honestly say I still havent heard 'World of Hurt' out yet, I've only heard Vapourise once and Deep Space and Let the Story Begin I've heard a few times, so every track on this is pretty much going to fresh for me.

Big up Sub Focus I think this album is going to deliver!

i got sent the ep in the week but both vinyls had slight warps in them... i was disappointed to say the least due to the mass build up and wait for the album and that the album was one of the main reasons i joined, so i spoke to ram and they sent me a new one that day,

needless to say by the following day i had received my new perfect copy and had sold the warped one to sum1 on discogs for £55 (which almost covered the money speant on the subscription itself) but im gonna spend it on a vinyl binge as i havnt had any spare cash for records for a while.

i got sent the ep in the week but both vinyls had slight warps in them... i was disappointed to say the least due to the mass build up and wait for the album and that the album was one of the main reasons i joined, so i spoke to ram and they sent me a new one that day,

needless to say by the following day i had received my new perfect copy and had sold the warped one to sum1 on discogs for £55 (which almost covered the money speant on the subscription itself) but im gonna spend it on a vinyl binge as i havnt had any spare cash for records for a while.

You cheeky goose

Not the worst idea I've ever heard

I've got high hopes for this "Last Jungle" track, which is as far as I know the only dnb track on the album which I haven't heard yet. It's such a shame Stomp didn't make it because the latest version is very fresh compared to what's on the album, and it would have been the only really gritty jump up kinda tune to feature which would have tied in well with the rest of the album

Never mind, still a solid cd in my opinion, the day a RAM artist releases an album where 75%+ of the tunes on it haven't been rinsed by it's release date ... well ... it'll just never happen.

I totally agree here. Hopefully Stomp will pop up by the time all the bendy buses have been taken off the roads...

if anyone wants to have a listen to last jungle its the last tune in the latest dnba podcast
its nothing special, nice little jungle roller

I know nearly all tunes on this album, but still, i am very happy that its finally being released. This is very big album, and i think its not cheesy at all. i think this album will stand the test of time, and will be remembered after like 10years.

Cause there is nothing simillar to subfocus. this man has his own unique sound. Big respect.

i will end up gettin this but i wish he started makin tunes more like the scarecrow and acid test again

Back
Top Bottom