Sub Focus album out at the end of April

andy c is not the be all end all of dnb.

ram records has a certain sound, and that is it... not too much range. so of course subfocus was going to them, he was basically nutured into their sound.

i am just saying so much more lies beyond that sound, you lot probably go to bashments more now, i used to bear, but now can't because its hard to find one not crowded with that sound or pure dancefloor vibe... thats why im heading to bunch of cuts over the ram night.

diversify muthfucka

The next Ram night has Randall, Alix Perez b2b Spectrasoul and Ed Rush and Optical

Pretty good diversification if you ask me

haha, i honestly couldn't care if he is gay or not... just kidding with that.

i know im picking holes in the guy, and do respect him. i think i am just a bit tired of his hype... especially when i don't feel him.

That is 100% a fair comment bruv

Its like when my mate goes on about Loxy all day, pisses me right off after a while because sometimes he just doesn't do it for me lol

The next Ram night has Randall, Alix Perez b2b Spectrasoul and Ed Rush and Optical

Pretty good diversification if you ask me

oh yea i know that. but the mc's are shite, alix perez and spectra will probably play the midnight set, so gets forgotten and ed rush and optical are great...

that aside, it still doesn't take away from the fact that none of them are on ram.... just booked for a ram night.

hospital has had hype, but is he really a hospital vibe? catch my drift?

oh yea i know that. but the mc's are shite, alix perez and spectra will probably play the midnight set, so gets forgotten and ed rush and optical are great...

that aside, it still doesn't take away from the fact that none of them are on ram.... just booked for a ram night.

hospital has had hype, but is he really a hospital vibe? catch my drift?

Not at all lol

just saying that the diversification point you made is a bit of a false dawn, because none of them are on Ram, just playing at a Ram sponsored night.

just saying that the diversification point you made is a bit of a false dawn, because none of them are on Ram, just playing at a Ram sponsored night.

Well a label has got to have certain style or sound about it

There would be no point in Hazard being signed to Hospital because he doesn't fit the label at all

Almost every big label in the scene has a certain vibe about it

But I think it speaks highly of Ram that at their 1 dedicated night, held every 2 months, they are willing to give up set spots to people who's sound is not typically associated with the label, i.e. Randall, Alix Perez, Spectrasoul and Ed Rush & Optical

Well a label has got to have certain style or sound about it

There would be no point in Hazard being signed to Hospital because he doesn't fit the label at all

Almost every big label in the scene has a certain vibe about it

But I think it speaks highly of Ram that at their 1 dedicated night, held every 2 months, they are willing to give up set spots to people who's sound is not typically associated with the label, i.e. Randall, Alix Perez, Spectrasoul and Ed Rush & Optical

that is also because they need to add more styles to bring more heads in because not everyone feels ram.

also, didn't they do a ram night at matter only few weeks ago with roni size etal?

that is also because they need to add more styles to bring more heads in because not everyone feels ram.

also, didn't they do a ram night at matter only few weeks ago with roni size etal?

They sure did, and the next 1 is in roughly another month

The last Ram night had Roni Size, Break and Hype as guests, possibly one more that I can't remember

So there's another few styles represented

They sure did, and the next 1 is in roughly another month

The last Ram night had Roni Size, Break and Hype as guests, possibly one more that I can't remember

So there's another few styles represented

yea so coure they are bringing in different heads... they are basically getting residential at matter.

like i said before, bringing in djs on clubnights is not diversity of a label... diversity is defined by what you get cut on to vinyl.

anyways... i wouldn't go to a ram night as i don't like matter and am too picky.

yea so coure they are bringing in different heads... they are basically getting residential at matter.

like i said before, bringing in djs on clubnights is not diversity of a label... diversity is defined by what you get cut on to vinyl.

anyways... i wouldn't go to a ram night as i don't like matter and am too picky.

what type of a night would you like to see? who would you want to see at a club? excluding klute

Its gonna be June now surely, no idea what's happening with a sampler though

Will they even bother?

I guess if they do it'll come on promo swiftly after the release of the Faith Massive EP

This is my beef with Ram though, only a handful of exclusive artists, yet each artist only gets one or two releases a year, hardly ever much more than that

I think they should create another sister label, it clearly works, Playaz / Ganja / Frontline have releases on lock, think how many Taxman / Original Sin / Hazard bits you see go by in a year, and all of them are worth their salt in my opinion, I don't feel its an issue with tighter quality control at Ram

Prime example is with Culture Shock - Gears, been battered on dub by everyone who has it, yet because Andy isn't feelin it that much its apparently not gettin released ... I'm sure the majority of people would love for it to get a release

They have Frequency as the sister label, thats the label subfocus started on currently have DC breaks/Basher tring to prove there worth on it

Ram have added alot more diversity to there label in recent times!! i know what you mean by ram having "that sound" but who would have thought Lomax and even C&S would have fit the bill, plain and simple ram are trying to appeal to every corner of D&B and dont be suprised to see them sign someone else by the end of the year!!

War Subfocus!!!

They have Frequency as the sister label, thats the label subfocus started on currently have DC breaks/Basher tring to prove there worth on it

My point is, roughly 2 releases each a year for Subfocus, C&S, Culture Shock and Xample & Lomax (counting them both as one in this case), makes for 8 roughly releases a year, and I don't even think we see that in a year from Ram at the moment

2 releases per artist! I just believe the artists are making far more great music in the course of a year than the way Ram is currently operating allows them to release

How many releases have we seen from Culture Shock since he signed? Not enough in my opinion! I'm just hungry for more!

My point is, roughly 2 releases each a year for Subfocus, C&S, Culture Shock and Xample & Lomax (counting them both as one in this case), makes for 8 roughly releases a year, and I don't even think we see that in a year from Ram at the moment

2 releases per artist! I just believe the artists are making far more great music in the course of a year than the way Ram is currently operating allows them to release

How many releases have we seen from Culture Shock since he signed? Not enough in my opinion! I'm just hungry for more!

very true, i love ram

but u cant fault them on how they release stuff especially singles, fair enough about 2 singles a year from those artists but think of how much chase and status has come out this year and ep's like culture shock, and lomax's new one not to mention dimensions, and frequency releases. if you look at hospitals single release its slow with only 2 out thise year so far but they kick out LP's and EPs that take up alot of the releasing schedule.

i think its good that ram don't rush shit they have such high quality control over what they release that i think that counts for more than releasing loads of filler, which u cant deny ram have little to none of that with their releases.

ram = sickness

very true, i love ram

but u cant fault them on how they release stuff especially singles, fair enough about 2 singles a year from those artists but think of how much chase and status has come out this year and ep's like culture shock, and lomax's new one not to mention dimensions, and frequency releases. if you look at hospitals single release its slow with only 2 out thise year so far but they kick out LP's and EPs that take up alot of the releasing schedule.

i think its good that ram don't rush shit they have such high quality control over what they release that i think that counts for more than releasing loads of filler, which u cant deny ram have little to none of that with their releases.

ram = sickness

Its true but, I would still like to see maybe a release for each month of the year? The last Subfocus release was Timewarp, which must have been almost a year ago?! I know he's been working on the album, but cmooon lol I just feel like with the artists the label has under its belt, they could put out slightly more without jepordising the high level of quality control

aaagg2.jpg

Its true but, I would still like to see maybe a release for each month of the year? The last Subfocus release was Timewarp, which must have been almost a year ago?! I know he's been working on the album, but cmooon lol I just feel like with the artists the label has under its belt, they could put out slightly more without jepordising the high level of quality control

a release each month :D
That would be sick but I think thats pushing it, it would really drive rush everything and drive down quality imo

what type of a night would you like to see? who would you want to see at a club? excluding klute

I enjoy a good bukem in session night, and enjoy seeing loads of artists, calibre, marcus, nicky b, hospital is great for the vibe, ed rush and optical for the dirt, i always go to fever vs heat, loads of nights, more the little local bits around south london.

don't get me wrong, i love a big night out every once in a while, but ive been going out for 4-5 years now and i think just refine my taste a bit more and become pickier.

Back
Top Bottom