sub-bass on reason?

calvinr

BaneMusic
Safe every1 having trouble making the sub-bass on my tracks match the melody nd tune of the track any ideas on how to do this safe!

Copy and paste the midi sequence from your main synth to your sub bass synth.

Hold Ctrl, click on the midi block on your main synth in the sequencer and drag the duplicate to your sub bass synth lane in the sequencer. Adjust the midi notes down an actave if necessary.

What are you using for your sub bass?

open up a subtractor synth, initialise patch, add a triangle wave then use the low pass filters to bring out the booooooom. then eq and compress until you're happy with the sound. then use the sequencer to write the music.

---------- Post added at 16:09 ---------- Previous post was at 16:08 ----------

o i just read the question properly, yea what gloxxy said, copy and paste ur main synth track onto your sub bass track and voila, should follow it perfectly

yeah just copy the midi track open a malestorm put it on sin bring it down 2-3 octave add a bit of poramento also maybe bring up the release and attack a bit and then add a eq and boost around 50 hz

How much bass is too much bass?!?

Wish i knew the answer to that one getting the sub the right volume in mixdown is a bastard

Get well confused with the octave that a sub should be sometimes, on one octave it sounds too high and overpowering,but at the octave below it seems to dissapear and not come through too well.. need to spend more time producing on the krk's rather than computer speakers n sub lol

you need to have a good key to begin with, there are certain keys that just arent going to be any good in drum and bass when it comes to sub bass, including C, things around f, f#, g, g#,a, b that kinda shit will sit really well in the sub bass department and kick you in the face more.

check your tunes in a spectrum analyzer and see how loud the sub bass is compared to the kick drum, get them the same level is a nice little rule i guess, but not saying the bass cant be louder, you just want them similar in volume. look at professional songs and note down the levels of things.

you need to have a good key to begin with, there are certain keys that just arent going to be any good in drum and bass when it comes to sub bass, including C, things around f, f#, g, g#,a, b that kinda shit will sit really well in the sub bass department and kick you in the face more.

check your tunes in a spectrum analyzer and see how loud the sub bass is compared to the kick drum, get them the same level is a nice little rule i guess, but not saying the bass cant be louder, you just want them similar in volume. look at professional songs and note down the levels of things.

Great, I used to work with all kinds of notes until about one month ago.
Now working most of the time in B or G, gives me the best feeling.

Great, I used to work with all kinds of notes until about one month ago.
Now working most of the time in B or G, gives me the best feeling.

I write everything in F or F# to get that boooooooom thats needed :D

Hi mate
May be a late reply but i find the best sub bass comes from a malstrolm (however you spell it)may have been posted but take a malstrolm flip it round and insert a scream 4 set on tape route the outputs of ocisslaters A and B into inputs of scream then back into filters on malstrolm get me?? then set your octave and as said copy and paste notes
instant fat sub
hope that helped

Yeah we write in G and G sharp a lot, sub bass sits really nice there

i was gona say tho if using a sample which could be in a different key to a home made sub (eg. reese sample)
somtimes hearing a subs key can be hard, so pitch it up and match it with the note that way, then u know what note it is and just pitch it back down to where it should be

Hi mate
May be a late reply but i find the best sub bass comes from a malstrolm (however you spell it)may have been posted but take a malstrolm flip it round and insert a scream 4 set on tape route the outputs of ocisslaters A and B into inputs of scream then back into filters on malstrolm get me?? then set your octave and as said copy and paste notes
instant fat sub
hope that helped

Ezi Bruv thts BIG! man safe yehyeh really helped safe:D

one thing i do to make the flat sub notes sound on the same level as the other notes, is after the eq and compressor chains, i stick in a Maximizer, select limiter and 4ms look ahead, boost the signal so ALL the notes hit the 2 indicators into the red zone (over). then hit the softclip button (the signal will then hit 0db and will not clip).. adjust the softclip dial to your liking and... BABOOOM! fat sub

one thing i do to make the flat sub notes sound on the same level as the other notes, is after the eq and compressor chains, i stick in a Maximizer, select limiter and 4ms look ahead, boost the signal so ALL the notes hit the 2 indicators into the red zone (over). then hit the softclip button (the signal will then hit 0db and will not clip).. adjust the softclip dial to your liking and... BABOOOM! fat sub

thats some good technical info mate.guna try that myself

nice one

Back
Top Bottom