Sub Bass head ache

Liquid Funk

Right I'm posting here as a bit of a last resort because I've been stuck on this problem for over a week now.

I'm having difficulty with the Sub Bass. Through my headphones it sounds like it should (Quite loud and deep) but when I play it through proper speakers it's non existent even with the bass turned up to max. If I try and turn it up in FL then it distorts the other sounds such as the melody. I've gone through so many samples and none really seem to do the trick. My track style is pretty chilled out liquidy DNB. The sound I'm wanting is something like what Technimatic / LSB use in their songs.

I've tried changing the EQ settings to no avail, using bass booster just distorts the other samples. I think I must be missing a trick here if anyone has a clue?

Try shifting the notes up and down an octave. Sub bass is something you feel more than hear. Once you find where it should sit then possibly add an audible layer or harmonic so it can be heard on speakers.

Try shifting the notes up and down an octave. Sub bass is something you feel more than hear. Once you find where it should sit then possibly add an audible layer or harmonic so it can be heard on speakers.

..Words cannot even.. I could swear blind I've tried this and it didn't work. But I gave it a shot anyway now and it's perfect. God damn my thoughtlessness and thank you x1000. Sometimes it's the simplest things eh?

It might actually be the acoustics in your room. I made a tune a while ago and I thought the bass was far too loud. I tested it at a mates and it was the exact opposite. Our rooms differ considerably as low frequencies are concerned. At mine the higher bass notes are dominant but they tend to disappear whenever I test a tune round his.

It might actually be the acoustics in your room. I made a tune a while ago and I thought the bass was far too loud. I tested it at a mates and it was the exact opposite. Our rooms differ considerably as low frequencies are concerned. At mine the higher bass notes are dominant but they tend to disappear whenever I test a tune round his.

Room modes are such a cunt.

^ With Dougie on this, the room plays the biggest part for sure! and Frequency range of speakers versus headphones in this case.

I know when my sub is hitting because my studio door starts to rattle :)

A good tip is to leave the room and listen to it from outside to hear what it sounds like.

Back
Top Bottom