Sub bass clips

Discussion in 'Production' started by conclude, Nov 8, 2009.

1. conclude

conclude Member

My bass cuts and clips when switching tones. How do I avoid this? I found a tutorial on that a while ago, but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Also, in Reason, how do I add Filter Frequency to my ReDrum loops? It's chooseable through Dr. REX, but not through ReDrum. Guess I have to do it myself, but how?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. Ketz

Ketz Thinkin outside the box..

could be several reasons why ur bass clips try adding a low pass filter to ur sub (using the env controlled filter in reason) and pull the cut off down until u can't hear the clip

as for filtering redrum, again create an env controlled filter to your redrum and that should sort it :) (unfortunately tho the env filter in reason doesn't have a hi pass setting so another way round that would be to bounce ur beat and import into the NN19 or NNXT)

3. conclude

conclude Member

Much thanks!

4. conclude

conclude Member

I got another question about redrum. How do I add a pitch automation to the whole drum set? It's very easy with Dr. REX, but I can't find a master pitch for redrum.

5. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

maybe your attack is a bit to snappy causing it to clip? I dont use reason so im not to sure where you would adjust this. or like ketz said, add an lfo to smooth it out.