Sub bass cant be felt or heard, but shows up on analyzer?

Soundicidal

ok im workin on a track with a really low bass, it seems to show up on my analyzer in FL (spectroman) but when i listen to it with my subs in my car it doesnt seem to be there. Now i guess i could go back and just increase the bass channel and or lower all channels but i feel the song loses power or energy any other suggestions?

Maybe your speakers or monitors can't go that low? Where's it hitting on the spectral analyser? Have you tried saturating it a little bit?

check your bassline for other rezonant freqz that may be dragging things down, esp check the low-mid range (160-400ishHz), if you find any big spikes, notch them out, and you will have more space to bring the sub end up, without it clipping. check your compression settings aswell, you should find, as you notch out higher freqz, your compressor will give a much better sound coz it doesnt have the spikes to deal with

Most decent professional monitors go down to about 37hz. The sub in your car will probably go down to around 60hz. If your low end is peaking lower than 60hz you wont hear or feel it. Have your root key of your your sub in either F, G or A on the keyboard as these are the most resonant notes and make sure its in the right octave so your sub is peaking around 60hz on your analyser.

makes sense, thanks for the replies peeps. i usually see alot of activity below 60hz on alot of songs so mabey im taking the bass a little too far or somthing, great suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom